Well, I just snapped my high E string, and that means that I can't use the guitar for tonight! I don't care about the fact that I snapped it, it's just that there's no bloody shops open (well not that I know of..) which sell guitar strings.

So, other than buying a few packs at a time for times like these, is there any way I can get my hands on a set of strings within the night?

Stupid question but you never know what kind of answers you'll get from the pit....

I'm in north London btw
Got a mate who can lend you any?

I don't have a clue if not, I usually tend to have plenty of spare packs....though I don't often snap them to be fair.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
Go steal your friends guitar.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Do you really need the guitar tonight? If you do, find a buddy who plays guitar and bum a string from him/her.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Do you really need the guitar tonight? If you do, find a buddy who plays guitar and bum a string from him/her.

Nope haha, but would be good if I can get a set... and yeah I've asked my friends but none seem to have any =[
be innovative and play the five-string guitar, then when you become famous, you will be like, man am i glad I brok my E-string
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
walmart sells crappy strings that can suit you for a day

or you can make a tissue paper box guitar with rubber bands

^Plus one.
Didn't keith richards play with only 5 strings at a certain point in his career?
I think I read that in a TV guide or something, so it may be wrong.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Attatch an elastic band to it.

Damn I hope people catch the sarcasm, or I'm gonna sound like a loser.
An eloser. That's even worse than a normal loser..
don't worry, my drummer has 3 guitars I think, and 1 high e-string... ^^

But if you have a guitar with floyd rose, and your string broke right at the bridge you can still use it, if there is enough on the nut... ^^ But I guess it didn't break there. xD
denmark street? or sound control in hmv (tottenham court road) might be open.. or turn key on charring cross road... don't know but a lot of shops round there stay open quite late... especially around the oxford street area..
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Learn to play songs with only those 5 strings, so if a string snaps when you're playing live, you'll still be able to get by. There's an amazing video somewhere of SRV playing Look At Little Sister, his string breaks, he keeps on playing, switches guitars and keeps going. It's seamless, and if you're not watching it (only listening), you have no idea that anything ever went wrong.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Walk arounf London til you find a shop that sells them and is open.

I feel your pain lol sort of. My guitar strings are just plain knackered and as soon as I play just after ive tuned it all the notes sharpen. I cant get any1 to change them until thursday.
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Quote by bloke
denmark street? or sound control in hmv (tottenham court road) might be open.. or turn key on charring cross road... don't know but a lot of shops round there stay open quite late... especially around the oxford street area..

Too far for me haha, dw guys i'll have to put up with it for a day :@
I think that Loz Vegas in Perivale stays open until 10pm tonight, so if you fancy racing across to there, that's a good bet.
ohai little sig.
I broke my high E by tapping yesterday

No idea why it happened, I guess it was the straw that broke the camels back.
mine allways snap on a sinday, and cos i live in the middle of nowhere the indie-music stores are allways shut.

which is nice

edit: also when im tuning it down they snap too:s
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Last edited by zapatista89 at Nov 19, 2007,
Quote by Demonikk
I think that Loz Vegas in Perivale stays open until 10pm tonight, so if you fancy racing across to there, that's a good bet.

Ahh nah it's a little too far for me, thanks anyway though haha
have you seen vai play with 5 strings when the high e broke??it was when he was playing with andy timmons and paul gilbert
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.