Ok I know this is a really rookie question and my level ain't there.But could someone explain to me what's the difference between an OD and a Distortion???I'm really confused with these two.
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
Copied from a Sticky on the top of the page:

Overdrive-
Overdrive is often confused with distortion due to a similar "kind" of sound.. but overdrive re-creates the natural warm sound of a vintage tube amp that is being "overdriven" or is breaking up. when a tube amps volume is pushed beyond its capacity, they "break up" and begin to sound crunchy and distorted, the resulting sound is overdrive.

o styles
- Blues, Blues Rock, Fusion, Classic Rock

Distortion -
Distortion is what makes metal, rock, punk, grunge, etc... sound the way it does. you know what i mean, the crunchy riffs the screeming pinch harmonics and solos , that dirty ass bone crunching sound of death and pain marching across the land AAAARRRGGHHHH!!! that my friend, is distortion. Distortion is, sound wise anyways, a very extreme version of overdrive. That?s why a lot people think they're hearing distortion when they hear overdrive.>/br> Distortion cuts off the extreme high and low frequencies. In other words, it eliminates the highest highs and lowest lows, creating a distortion effect. distortion ranges from mild to ball shattering in intensity and thickness.

o styles
- Punk, Grunge, Heavy Metal, Death Metal and all other forms of metal you can think of

Hope that answers your question
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Thnx man...much appreciated!
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay