Yo.

i was going through some tunes i made ages ago, and found one id like to have a little fiddle with. only problem is the acid save file is long gone, along with all the samples and loops i used.
through some kinda lucky coincidence though, the song was mixed funny, and the track in its whole (with drums)is on the right and just the drums are on the left.

i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to remove the drums so i can chop it up and remix it all. something about inverting just the drums....
im not sure, but if anyone could tell me how i could do this in soundforge 6, i would really appreciate it.

cheers.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Last edited by FunkasPuck at Nov 19, 2007,
I'm just guessing here, but if you split it into two mono files, invert the drum track and pan both tracks to the center. If the drums are exactly the same on each track then you should achieve perfect phase cancellation and lose the drums. This often doesn't sound much good though, but it should work.
yeah, i tried that, but they are still in there faintly. bah

thanks anyway.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Have you tried EQ'ing it, will probably be a bitch but if the phase cancellation hasn't completely worked it might be worth giving it a try.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC