Page 1 of 2
what pedal could i get that would make the peavey valve king sound metal-er than dethklok? i play deathmetal newer death metal thrash and jus metal. pce!
(signature removed, please choose another)
wel i fink dat th elektr0 harmon1x metall muf iz rly gd.
Id go wiv dat or maybee a roktr0n slvr dragn. der gd 2.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i obviousilly spppeeld it wrnog wetodd. gte ova It nd hlp mee ors gt he fck zout!
Quote by player o slayer
i obviousilly spppeeld it wrnog wetodd. gte ova It nd hlp mee ors gt he fck zout!

...Excuse me?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by timi_hendrix
Replacing it with a good amp would help.

****in laney... british no?
Quote by player o slayer

wow, man. not a good way to get help.
Quote by player o slayer
****in laney... british no?

....Yes, I'm english.

Although i'm finding it hard to locate the word laney in my post.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by player o slayer
not you. you actaully respnded. the grammer nazi about you

I'm a grammar Nazi too haha- I guess you didn't grasp the slight irony in my post But I still recommend the same pedals
Quote by timi_hendrix

Although i'm finding it hard to locate the word laney in my post.

Just what I was thinking
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Feed it human babies?

Or maybe, just maybe buy dist pedal. Metal Muff, Turbo Rat. Or buy a OD to push it to the extremes, but the VKs dist is lousy...

Edit: ^ Maybe we just do it subliminally...

LANEY
Last edited by beckyjc at Nov 19, 2007,
please, spell correctly. it hurts my eyes.

I run a DOD EQ pedal into my effects loop and I can get it heavy as fXXk. it isn't a mesa boogie or rivera by any means. but it puts the VK on another level.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
it says "LANEY ENTHUSIST" under your friggen name. as in you would say, get a laney its better than a valve king. i didnt ask if i should get a different amp or not. i just spell like that when grammer nazis have to point out other peoples mistakes as if they were a society of perfect individuals living in an ultimate guitar utopia. **** THE SYSTEM SON! **** IT! but this is about pedals.... and im american and am not buying a laney. how good are laneys anyway?
Quote by timi_hendrix
Replacing it with a good amp would help.

lolololololoolzzzz can i b in ur list?

your not really an asshole though. just strongly opinionated i suppose
to add one more thing, whats with the overrunning of the uk here. im pretty sure there arent even any american respons' here. not that i dont like brits but of course they say laney over peavey. wuts heavy there and whats heavy here could be two different things. and again....how is laney?
^ laneys are great. they have one for everything. kinda like peavey
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Well he never said buy a Laney? He just implied that your amp wasn't very good for what you want to get out of it and you should upgrade. He didn't say that Laney were, of course it depends entirely on which Laney you're looking at.

And Laney > everything else in the universe (Roughly)

Nobody told you to buy a Laney (cough), just kinda crudely implying to get the best tones that your after you need a more metal orientated amp...
Quote by beckyjc
Feed it human babies?

Or maybe, just maybe buy dist pedal. Metal Muff, Turbo Rat. Or buy a OD to push it to the extremes, but the VKs dist is lousy...

Edit: ^ Maybe we just do it subliminally...

LANEY

Irony, eh?

an OD.
Ben
I actually did know it was 'an' but I wanted it to be a to prove my point. Shst. He didnt seem the type who were actually going to pick that out anyways. BUT YOU HAD TO RUIN IT.
Quote by player o slayer
to add one more thing, whats with the overrunning of the uk here. im pretty sure there arent even any american respons' here. not that i dont like brits but of course they say laney over peavey. wuts heavy there and whats heavy here could be two different things. and again....how is laney?

redneck.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Maybe you should add yourself to the famed A-holes?

on topic, Od in front and EQ in loop.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by player o slayer

I say Peavey over Laney. Laneys blow fuses all the time and don't have as good high gain models. And the ValveKing is cool.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I say Peavey over Laney. Laneys blow fuses all the time and don't have as good high gain models. And the ValveKing is cool.

Laney's don't blow fuses "all the time"it seems to just be one dodgy batch.
And the Laneys tone pisses all over the VK's thin distortion and weedy cleans.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

i swear to god the ****ing people on this website are killing me! its abouty guitars amps and pedals, not grammer greivences and disagreements. ****. stop arguing about amps. its not even about amps! the amp i want is a VALVE KING MADE BY PEAVEY. i needed to know what pedals were better than others. i got that. im not arguing with anyone.
I already told you, try the OD + EQ combo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
metal-er than dethklok

Not really sure that's possible lol...
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by aznrockerdude
I already told you, try the OD + EQ combo.

Listen to this guy.

Also people, just because you don't like the VK don't tell him to get another amp. YOU don't like it but he does. And for what its worth if you buy a VK and want t3h br00talz meetalz you're an idiot, as thats not what its built for.
how can you not get a metal tone of the the peavey combo? is the half stack version really that much better then the combo?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by player o slayer
it says "LANEY ENTHUSIST" under your friggen name. as in you would say, get a laney its better than a valve king. i didnt ask if i should get a different amp or not. i just spell like that when grammer nazis have to point out other peoples mistakes as if they were a society of perfect individuals living in an ultimate guitar utopia. **** THE SYSTEM SON! **** IT! but this is about pedals.... and im american and am not buying a laney. how good are laneys anyway?

Christ almighty you're a prick.

A better amp would serve you better in the long term, but for a quick fix an EQ pedal and a half-decent overdrive should do the trick.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
actually hes not a prick, he never asked for opinions on the amp, and people who point out grammar mistakes need to get a life
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
You have already had the best bet suggested to you, the metal muff. Also, You were being a idiot first by making a extremely retarded spelling mistake. You should have just taken the advice you wouldnt have made yourself look like more of an idiot by posting more and more.
i own a valveking.. someone said in another post its like the tube version of an mg.. i think i agree..

the cleans are ok.. the OD sucks even with an OD pedal it still sucks...

id reccomend getting a new amp bud.
Quote by kashmirianvoodo
i own a valveking.. someone said in another post its like the tube version of an mg.. i think i agree..

the cleans are ok.. the OD sucks even with an OD pedal it still sucks...

id reccomend getting a new amp bud.

just curious you own the valveking combo?
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Quote by pmeg568c
actually hes not a prick, he never asked for opinions on the amp, and people who point out grammar mistakes need to get a life

someone who finally sees it. i never argued with friggen anyone. i got the info i need and thank you all for that. i think ill go with a good od and eq like before mentioned. any good eq's/od's i should know about? i hear good about that tubecsreamer but is that really gunna do what i want it too. and as fars as being metal-er than dethklok, well u could cannablize your lead singer and make necklaces out of his bones..... and this all started when i was too stoned to care about spelling accsesory.
Quote by player o slayer
and this all started when i was too stoned to care about spelling accsesory.

Anyway, for the EQ's I've heard good things about the MXR 10-bands.
Ben
it's either more "Metallic", or he invented a new word.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Page 1 of 2