Ok, I had a student walk in with a ****ing gay ass floyd rose discovery. Now will someone tell me how the **** are you supposed to tune somthing like that. I will post a pic as an example of it's gayness

EDIT: I just put in a call to a local tech, and he doesn't how the hell to tune it
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
Quote by bluesblaster
little black knobs on the bridge, sir

.......... you phail. those are fine-tune knobs and only go 1 note # or b

oh yeah, I should mention that the strings come with 2 bullets. one on each end. bizarre
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
Quote by cm_richardson
oh yeah, I should mention that the strings come with 2 bullets. one on each end. bizarre

You've just answered your own question there.
The strings come in prefabricated lengths for different strings and tunings.
When stringing a system like this, you'd most likely be diving the bridge completely, then hooking on the bullet in the saddle on the bridge. The other end you've already hooked on the nut at the headstock.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
how weird, I've never seen a pair of strings like that before. ever. not even at my local guitar shop
I believe the system is called Floyd Rose Speedloader. You'll get them both as fixed and floating bridges. The system basically eliminated the need for a headstock (such as the headless Steinberger guitars). It's been said that with this system, a pro can resting an entire guitar in less than a minute, as opposed to the standard Floyds, which can be a major pain in the ass to restring.
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
goddamnit, i hate those things, but i think you un lock the locking nut and tune then lock it back and then you use the tuners down on the bridge to fine tune, Im not sure though, ive never owned one.
is that the name of the strings? speedloaders?

'cus that would really help.
Quote by cm_richardson
Ok, I had a student walk in with a ****ing gay ass floyd rose discovery. Now will someone tell me how the **** are you supposed to tune somthing like that. I will post a pic as an example of it's gayness

EDIT: I just put in a call to a local tech, and he doesn't how the hell to tune it

Can I ask why your so mad about it?
^ Exactly. And seeing as it ruins my rep as a teacher just cuz I don't know floyd's freaky-deaky tuning system, it pisses me off that much more.
Quote by cm_richardson
is that the name of the strings? speedloaders?

'cus that would really help.
No, the bridge is called Speedloader. The strings would probably just be something like "strings for speedloaders".
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=speedloader
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH