I have the game of the year edition of half life 2. It came with CS:S and half life #1, would I understand the storyline better if I played the first one first? Or is 2 good enough that I should just skip over the first one and play it?

pepsi
You don't really need to play One to enjoy 2, but I recommend playing it because its brilliant. You sure its not Episode One instead of one?
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore
You don't have to play in order, you will still be able to enjoy 2. They both stand strong as individual games, but i would still reccomend playing 1 eventually if not first.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
half life one first. it's a better game in my opinion
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Never had half life 1.

2 was awsum on the xbox! Brillantly cinematic, cracker of a story.

yum
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Yeah play 1, it will help you to understand 2 (though they do have seperate story lines) I never completed 1, it came out when I was quite young and didnt get to play it that much

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Alright, I think I will play through one.

and it is the first one, not episode one. It is HL: source. Damn I wish I had the two expansion packs... maybe I should play the game first and see if I like it lol.

pepsi :lipick:
You dont need to play 1 in order to understand 2. Ive never played 1 all the way through, but it is considered to be on par with 2, so I would say play it just for the coolness of it.
Play HL1, and play Opposing Force and Blue Shift, then HL2, then EP1, then EP2.]

You might go "wtf are the talking about" if you don't play 1 first. OP and Blue Shift are not important to the story but still good, you just play through HL1 as a different person.