I went to the pawn shop today to see if they had any cymbals on sale like they usually do.

But to my suprise, they had a Kramer guitar. I'm just a drummer so I thought....this must be an OK guitar.

I looked at it and it was $100. So I thought it might be a cheap guitar. But then I found out it was an original that was made in the 80's.

So I'm wondering, should I but an 80's Kramer guitar for $100? (I've heard there pretty good)
Im a drummer, not a guitarist!
Buy it, now
Was it one with only 1 pu, 1 volume nob and a floyd rose? if yes, buy it
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Kramer was THE **** in the eighties. Buy it.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
i have two kramers, both focuses, and i love them. My only complaint is no tone knob and the humbucker is ridiculously hot for my tastes, but then again it is kind of a shred guitar. All im saying is watch out for feedback of monstrous proportions.
What series is it?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

ive heard nothing but good about 80's kramer's. my uncle has 1, its so nice
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by p.stick
What series is it?

Yeah. If it was a Striker, 100 series, or Aerostar skip it as they were total crap build wise (plywood, horrible hardware and pickups) but they played well. Im thinking its one of those three, as a Focus would say so on it.
YES!!!!!!! BUY THE THING!!!!!!!!!!!! those 80's kramers are magical
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Although im not the most qualified in high-gained stuff, 80's Kramers are meant to be awesome for the price, especially now its only $100

BUT, if you do decide to buy, at least have a thorough try, it may be seriously damaged or something, maybe the electronics are buggered, or even worse like the wood/neck broken,damaged etc.
I told my guitarist about it and he said he didn't think it was worth it. He said he would buy it if it was Gibson made. He said Gibson is a lot better. So I don't know.

I'm trying to convince him. And I'm not sure what model.
I told our guitarist, gravensuicide, about it and he said he didn't think it was worth it. He said he would buy it if it was Gibson made. He said Gibson is a lot better. So I don't know.

P.S. Give gravensuicide Crap about it
Quote by manmadedrummer
I told our guitarist, gravensuicide, about it and he said he didn't think it was worth it. He said he would buy it if it was Gibson made. He said Gibson is a lot better. So I don't know.

The Gibson ones aren't better, but Im telling you dude its probably an Aerostar, Striker, or 100 series. Those are not the Kramers everyone claims to be great guitars. They were total pieces of crap with plywood bodies, and horrible hardware. thats why its that cheap, as thats roughly what the go for it.
Any vintage Kramer is got to be worth $100.00 I wouldn't have left the shop with out it. Of course I would have tried it out first.

John
Quote by manmadedrummer

alright sons of bitches..lol...im here to defend myself. my bands drummer Eric likes to put words in my mouth....anyway, im not going to try and push it off, i did say i would choose a gibson version over the orignal...and heres why, the orignals are old, and ot find one in good condition would be rare. Sure, it may look good on the outside, but, if it has had any updates, like new pickups or new wiring, and if its at a pawn shop, im sure somebody didnt care for it. So there, i feel if defended myself well enough, if i get flamed big deal...no skin off my back..lol...im an ESP guy anyway
Quote by gravensuicide
alright sons of bitches..lol...im here to defend myself. my bands drummer Eric likes to put words in my mouth....anyway, im not going to try and push it off, i did say i would choose a gibson version over the orignal...and heres why, the orignals are old, and ot find one in good condition would be rare. Sure, it may look good on the outside, but, if it has had any updates, like new pickups or new wiring, and if its at a pawn shop, im sure somebody didnt care for it. So there, i feel if defended myself well enough, if i get flamed big deal...no skin off my back..lol...im an ESP guy anyway

I hope you're fully aware that alot of the kramer parts were made by ESP
Quote by garboozled
i have two kramers, both focuses, and i love them. My only complaint is no tone knob and the humbucker is ridiculously hot for my tastes, but then again it is kind of a shred guitar. All im saying is watch out for feedback of monstrous proportions.

Nothing a good noise gate couldn't fix.
Quote by Spadeace
I hope you're fully aware that alot of the kramer parts were made by ESP

Lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, if the only fault you would find on it would be the electronics then buy it. Beacuse those things can be easily fixed. Make sure the Bridge and the neck is in good condition and if you like it then just buy it.
I Like Cake
lol...no, i didnt know that Kramer used alot of ESP parts, but, i dont care, im not going to buy a guitar from a pawn shop....theres always a reason its in a pawn shop. Sure, theres cases were people just sell it for the money, but, still...you get what im saying.

anyway, point is, im not buying it. My bands drummer( manmadedrummer) is the biggest packrat on the planet. He buys the cheapest drum equipment he can just to save money, so im sure its in horrible condition. His packrat problem didnt bother me that much until this year where he tries to get stuff/make stuff for me to use. So yeah, if you knew him, you would know where im coming from.
Quote by gravensuicide
lol...no, i didnt know that Kramer used alot of ESP parts, but, i dont care, im not going to buy a guitar from a pawn shop....theres always a reason its in a pawn shop. Sure, theres cases were people just sell it for the money, but, still...you get what im saying.

anyway, point is, im not buying it. My bands drummer( manmadedrummer) is the biggest packrat on the planet. He buys the cheapest drum equipment he can just to save money, so im sure its in horrible condition. His packrat problem didnt bother me that much until this year where he tries to get stuff/make stuff for me to use. So yeah, if you knew him, you would know where im coming from.

Hmmm...

I wonder who bought you the LTD M50, Epi LP junior and SG special...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

^HAHAHA

Dude, if the guy wants to save money that's fair game. Besides he doesn't even play the guitar so starting with a 100$ one isn't gonna hurt anyone... For someone who has three guitars you should know better..then again this is the internet forum.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by gravensuicide

You have 3 BAD guitars..........................

YOU SHOULD BUY IT!!! I can almost guarantee that it is better than the guitars you have. (Especially if it is a Baretta or Focus, those were the guitars of the 80's.)

EDIT:The Epi Les Paul isn't bad though.....

EDIT2:Nevermind, it is a Jr....., yeah, your guitars suck.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
yeah, i agree, i dont have the best guitars....but, like Glenn Tipton said: "A great guitarist can make the cheapest of guitars sound great....ive been playing for over five years, so at least i know what im doing..lol

and i dont get it?...whats the big deal here?....is it that much of an issue to buy a guitar that ive never seen, dont even know what model it is and probalby doesnt even work?...seriously...this is pathetic

EDIT: i should point out that Eric(manmadedrummer) isnt even going to buy it. Heres the whole story to end this stupid ****:

Okay, Eric went to a pawn shop to look for cymbals, and he found the Kramer there and when he came back, he said that i should get it. I told him i didnt want it, and explained the many reasons why i didnt feel like buying it. and then hes gets pissed because of i have different opinion then he does. So he comes on here to try and make me buy it buy getting all of your guys support. Hes not even going to buy it. Hes thinking about going to a stringed instruemtn, but its not a guitar. hes planning on buying a bass for $70...so yeah, hes just trying to make me buy it when i dont want it. I have more important things to buy then a 4th guitar...like the stuff i need for the one im building..lol
Last edited by gravensuicide at Nov 22, 2007,
Where is this pawn shop?

I have bought many guitars from pawn shops that were in mint condition. I think you can get better deals at pawn shops than at a music shop. Pawn shops live by the fact almost everything in there is because people need quick cash and figure they can get it back later when they have the money. They probably would do better selling it to a music shop or privetly if they didn't like it. Basically you are giving them the item as collateral for a cash loan with interest of course if you don't pay to get it back they have the right to sell it. You can also pay the interest each month or week and they hold the item for you for as long as it takes.

The best part is a lot of pawn shops do not realize what they have and some people that bring stuff in don't know that what they are pawning is worth.

Without seeing the Kramer or knowing what type it is for $100.00 I am sure you could sell it on Ebay and make a decent profit if you didn't like it. Did it have an Aluminum neck? Those things bring top dollar!

John
so do it, my friend's garbage man found him an 87' with a floyd rose.
it's got a sick sound, too.
"i have nothing to say, and i am saying it"
flickr.com/photos/chazoid
last.fm/user/p4nts
I'm not pissed. I just like proving a guitarist wrong every once and awhile. What else do us drummers hae to look forward to than pissing off a guitarist every now and then. (Now the entire time or they leave!)

LOL
I forget what band it was but, they were big band out of Boston the guitar player was a trash man in Brookline and found a vintage Gibson Les Paul in the trash. I wish I could remember who it was. For some reason The Cars comes to mind but I can't be sure it was a long time ago when I heard the story.

John
I don't know what model it was. But if I go back up there, I'll check and probably take a few pics.