The Pit, I ask of you... How do you go about making an underground den?

Think about, having your own underground den; how sweet would that be? But what you need to make sure that it remains stable and have conditions satisfactory enough to live in (not permanently obv.)?

And to keep this interesting, what would you have in your den if you were to make an underground den?

EDIT: Obviously you'd all rather have Silo, but this is just something you could do during your spare time, it isn't an alternative to Silo
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Nov 19, 2007,
Essental Items:

Big screen TV
Mini-fridge
kitchenette
Nuclear Warheads, activated by a ridiculously large red button (optional phone line out to UN main line)
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
First you need to summon the almighty bald monkey, who lives high up on the mountain top of Uh-bahk.
Follow these steps:

1. Dig hole
2. Buy couch
3. Place couch in hole
4. Guard from intruders
5. Profit

(The ????? is an unneeded step.)
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I would get a TV with some video games, a sweet computer, and a bed.

And some red shag carpet.

Actually, I think this would be easiest to make if you dug an enormous hole, built a concrete structure in said hole, replaced the dirt (the hole would be only so deep that 3 or so inches sit on top of your den) and plant grass again.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
must haves

laz-e-boy
minifridge
xbox360/tv
girlfriend
gigantic bed
books books and more books
15 loony tunes-esque shotguns rigged to blow the head off anyone that tries to come in
my guitars and amps
loud musics
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by The Leader
Essental Items:

Big screen TV
Mini-fridge
kitchenette
Nuclear Warheads, activated by a ridiculously large red button (optional phone line out to UN main line)

Whats this about a mini fridge??? I'm having a maxi fridge in my underground den.
It'd be acoustically perfect, complete with essential band items.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Ok one whole wall would be a tv, another whole wall would be a huge amp. It would have to have couches, a fridge that takes up the whole wall (aforementioned maxi firdge) and a pit full of kittens.
Lots of struts and supports. Look at mine shafts for example. You'd have to get some sort of surveyor in to check it's safe to do and what not.

Not to mention you'd need to check you're not digging through any electrics or pipes. You'd probably need some sort of concrete base in the ground to support everything and allow you to put a floor down. So check if what's underneath is capable of supporting all the cool stuff you want in there.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Wow this reminds me of when I was a kid, and there was this patch of woods behind the house grew up in. My brother and I would spend soooo much time in those woods building forts and tree houses and doing all kinds of cool stuff. We got really good at it, to. I remember my brother made one fort that was a hole about 4 feet deep, 8 feet long and 4 feet wide, and the top half was logs stacked up to make a log shelter like a log house. It even had looking ports and stuff, it was wicked. I made one myself that was just a hole with a metal sheet over the top (we used the various random junk that could be found in the woods - we got pretty familiar with all of it lol). It was like a concealed bunker. There was a bunch of other awesome stuff we made to, like some really high tree houses. Ahh the memories!!

If I were to build an underground den nowadays, I'd probably make it as crude yet luxurious as possible. I mean I wouldn't worry with good looking interior decorating or anything, it'd just be the cement. But I'd have a hot tub, and a huge TV, and a pool table, and all kinds of mattresses and blankets and beanbags and crap for when people slept, and it'd have a fireplace, to. It'd be pretty awesome. Oh! and ofcourse it'd have a secret escape tunnel.
We're only strays.
As a child I found an underground den. It wasn't very fun, more messy and stuffy. Then my sister thought it'd be hilarious to jump on the ground above my den until it collapsed trapping me. NOT fun.
hmmm.... big screen with a loud ass sound system and a plethora(spelling?) of video games all stuff for your band a maxi fridge always loaded with cold beer a couch and big bed a computer and a drive in shop to work on your truck/car what have you, more tools tahn you can imagine
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
As a child I found an underground den. It wasn't very fun, more messy and stuffy. Then my sister thought it'd be hilarious to jump on the ground above my den until it collapsed trapping me. NOT fun.

haha
You made me spill hot orange squash over myself you big eejit...

An underground hide-out would be awesome. I'd have a sleeping thing, a music thing, a looky thing and a bar. Par-tay anyone?
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Shoulda made a secret escape tunnel...
We're only strays.
Well mine would involve my various costumes over the years and of course it will hide my numerous bat-shaped vehicles.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
id install a firemans pole as means of entry,and id attempt to build great escape-esque tunnels to link up with other peoples underground dens. videogames is a must, nice telly nice hi-fi, a cosy mattress and a mini fidge. i dont want it too big. i want it to be a small pad nice n cosy comfy easy to maintain.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
you'd need a very long time to dig out a proper den. not just some crappy one. underground network of tunnels is optional. that optional space could be hired out to smugglers for exponential profit. my god, i copyright that idea.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
making an underground den?

are you a weasel, troll, mole, earth worm, or any combination of the 4?
haha me and my buddy made one up in grade 3. we told this kid that hitler was hiding in it and we talked to him every day.

the kid believed us. damn gullible 8 year olds.
you need:

water
Ramen noodles
propane line (for cooking said noodles)
couch
HDTV
laptop w/ internet
mine would more or less resemble the bat cave
Quote by tayroar
Well mine would involve my various costumes over the years and of course it will hide my numerous bat-shaped vehicles.

exactly.