Guitar Center apparently has a 20% off sale for all their guitars from 8 AM to 10 AM on Black Friday, so I figure I'll head down and get me a new electric guitar - something I've been wanting to do for a while - and I think this is probably the best place to get some advice.

Here's some background info:
Current Guitar - Schecter Omen 6
What I'd Like to Change - Falls out of tune more than I'd like, neck could be a bit faster, passive pickups.
Music Styles - Some jazz/blues/classic rock, but mostly heavy metal/metalcore in dropped tunings (B/C, sometimes just in drop D).

What I'd ideally be looking for:
- Guitar price in the $600-700 range (pre-discount)
- 6-string, preferably with a locking trem (Floyd Rose/Edge), but anything that'll stay in tune would be great
- Active pickups (or high output passive pickups, but I'd really prefer the former)
- Fast neck with fairly low action
- Separate volume controls (so I can make the pickup selector act as a killswitch, separate tone controls aren't necessary)

Most colors and brands will be considered. I plan on making a trip to Guitar Center on Wednesday first to see what they have in stock, and try a couple of guitars out.

Show me what you've got, guys! Thanks in advance.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser(w' FR) is $800 $640 after discount

It has pretty much everything you're looking for
ibanez rg or dean ml you could probably find one you like in that price range
for what your saying... id go ESP hunting... theyre pretty much everything you just wrote
I have never had a Schecter Omen-6 fall out of tune. (at least not much)

Personally, I like the Gibson SG with P-90 pickups. It is the one that is on this page.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Guitar.gc
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
Hmm why not an Ibanez Xiphos? It's 650 $ on MF, it's got an Edge III Tremolo, Wizard II neck (it's fast!!!)

I'm not sure about the pickups (but hey, they're DiMarzios, you should be fine) but they can always be changed.

Also not sure about the seperate volume controls...

But apart from that it seems like the guitar for you
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
ESP/LTD MH-400. Jackson DKMG. Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. All good choices. I believe the MH-400 would have the fastest neck of them all. In fact that's the one that I would personally get. But just go try out a bunch of guitars with those specs and see what you like.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Joey Radical
Hmm why not an Ibanez Xiphos? It's 650 $ on MF, it's got an Edge III Tremolo, Wizard II neck (it's fast!!!)

I'm not sure about the pickups (but hey, they're DiMarzios, you should be fine) but they can always be changed.

Also not sure about the seperate volume controls...

But apart from that it seems like the guitar for you

It's a good guitar, but there are better ones for the price. The D-Activators are awesome and can definitely compare to most actives, but the Edge III isn't so hot. I would rather have a Jackson WRMG. I like the look of the Warrior a bit better anyway, and it comes in trans black which is my personal favorite color on a guitar. And the LFR on them are supposed to be really good.
Quote by DrNick
Does Guitar Center actually carry ESP? Last I checked, they didn't.

Gah. I forgot about that. They don't >.<

In that case, I strongly suggest the Jackson DKMG or WRMG. I've played both and they are awesome guitars.
Quote by DrNick
Does Guitar Center actually carry ESP? Last I checked, they didn't.

My friend said he bought my guitar, an ESP f-250 there... with an edge 6 pro (i think thats the tremolo name, i know there good though.), grover tuners, extra strings, picks, tuner, and warranty all for 900. I was like WTF? I got mine used 280, with EMG-HZ's...

so wtf?

I don't think they do... well at least in monoroville, PA.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
they aren't official dealers. But they do get used ESP's every once in awhile.