So, for the past few years I've been playing, I've learned a ton about music. I was lucky enough to have been born in the 90's but not actually be conscious of what the music scene was doing all around me. When I started playing guitar, I didn't really know a ton about music, I was actually taught by my music teacher about the 90's (I still laugh about that) and she gave me CDs to branch out from the retarded bands that I listened to. So, what I need from you guys are the best albums from the following bands since I now want to branch further out...

The first three are my top priorities.

Metallica
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Iron Maiden
Van Halen
Led Zepplin
Ozzy

I've pretty much been restricted from 90's-00's now I want to get into 70's and 80's and I figured I'd start with the big artists of those times.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Just download them all from Bit Torrent (while you still can) and then move on to Progressive Rock.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Metallica
Metallica (the black album), Master of Puppets

Joe Satriani
Surfing with the Alien

Steve Vai
Passion and Warfare, Real Illusions: Reflections

Iron Maiden
Number of the Beast, 7th son of a 7th son

Van Halen
Van Halen, 1984

Led Zepplin
Led Zeppelin 4 (the one with the old man on the cover)

Ozzy
Blizzard of Ozz, No More Tears

Also try:
Judas Priest - British Steel
AC/DC - Highway to Hell, Back in Black
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Quote by The_Crumpet
Load up on Megadeth. They could beat up metallica. Also Dream Theater and Iced Earth.

True this.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
What kind of music is dream theater. Through the pit I've assumed they're metal but I just heard a few of their stuff on iTunes and heard loads of different genres

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Quote by Pedalboard
What kind of music is dream theater. Through the pit I've assumed they're metal but I just heard a few of their stuff on iTunes and heard loads of different genres

They're alot of things but mainly progressive rock/metal
Quote by Pedalboard

They are progressive rock. They have some heavier, and some more melodic songs. They also have mad skillz. That's why UG loves them
In Bold are the MUST haves no matter what... not in bold are good albums to have.

Metallica: Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, ... And Justice for All

Steve Vai: Passion & Warfare, Sex & Religion

Joe Satriani: Surfing With The Alien, G3 live concert

Van Halen: Van Halen I & 1984 area all you need (either that or a greatest hits)

Iron Maiden: Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, (maybe Somewhere in Time)

Led Zeppelin: I, II, III, and [IV]... better yet probably is to get a compilation (live preferably) that way you can get your favorite songs. Then if you really love Zeppelin you can delve into their albums... basically all of their albums are good.

Ozzy Osbourne: Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman, No More Tears (kind of)

Other bands to look into:

Rush-Moving Pictures, 2112, A Farewell to Kings

Yes-Closer to the Edge, Fragile

Megadeth-Killing is my business...and business is good, Peace Sells... But Who's Buying, Rust in Peace

Anthrax- I'd recommend to get a compilation like Anthrology or get Spreading the Disease, Among the Living, and Persistence of Time

Overkill-Taking Over, Under the Influence, The Years of Decay, Horrorscope

Slayer- Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits, Rain In Blood, South of Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss

Kiss-Alive (kiss's live albums and live act are what made them great... get those

Death Angel - The Ultraviolence, Act III

Testament - The Legacy, The New Order, Souls of Black

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Masters of Reality, Volume IV, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage

Dio - Holy Diver

Mercyful Fate - Melissa, Don't Break the Oath

King Diamond - Them, Abigail

Dream Theater - Images and Words, Awake, A live album of theirs is also good

Scorpions - Lovedrive, Blackout,... or just get a compilation album it'll probably have all the good songs of theirs on it.

Guns N Roses- Appetite for Destruction, Lies, Use Your Illusion I & II, any live album of theirs is also very enjoyable.

Deep Purple- Made in Japan, Machine Head, Deep Purple In Rock

Rainbow- Rising

Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime, Empire

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

^^ damn dude, thanks. That massively helps.

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Led Zeppelin 2 is awesome for guitar all of them have great riffs, i would no if listenend to em loads, but not played em in ages. also think thats there best album
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..