Hey, I'm a guitarist/[slap] bassist. I'm looking for possible suggestions on basses that would be good for both regular and slap bass playing, in a range no higher than $500-600. Right now, I'm already getting a Cort Artisan B4 for Christmas, but I could change what I want in the near future. I figure there are some awesome bassists here, including some slap ones, so I would like some advice. Thanks!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
90% of the posts in this thread will promote the Fender Jazz or EBMM Stingray....and for good reason

EDIT- And I've already been beaten to it
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
well, maybe you should try the higher range Ibanez EDB models even my bottom of the range one is brilliant!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
yes, fender jazzes are very nice for slap and finger style. its got a sound that seems to appeal to most people so there's a good chance you'll like it.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Fender jazz +1

everyone will probs recommend one of these bad boys
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Epiphone Thunderbird. Without a doubt the best bass you will ever find. Popular, too.

Or, you could go with sense a get the jazz
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Wow. I have experience with playing a Fender Jazz, but haven't taken much a liking to them. My hands are very small, so I need a bass that's light with light strings (which is why I like this Cort). Maybe I don't like the Fender Jazz I play because it's really beat up and doesn't function properly (E and A strings pop out of alignment constantly, which during performances is very annoying). Also, I don't think the Fender Jazz is really in my price range. Neither is the EBMM, unfortunately. Not sure about an Ibanez bass. Next time I go to Guitar Center, I'll see if they've lowered the prices on their W basses.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
Try a well set up MIM Fender. It's in your exact price range, and only about 3% of the bass playing population say they dislike it. Fender jazzes are rather compact basses, without feeling "girly". They still feel like a big 24 oz. steak in your hand, but without any clumsiness I find from even larger basses.
I tried a ibanez sr500 and it felt pretty small but neat. Very easy to slap in my opinion.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Yes. Why? Charlie Yarbird Parker. What about it?

Your sig appears to refer to Dizzy as Bird.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.