I own a Boss DD-6 delay and I'm having some issues with it.

When I use it with a clean/lightly overdriven sound, the delay acts like I want it to - the initial repeat is about 3/4 softer in volume, and it decays nicely. When I crank the distortion up, though, the delay gets really harsh - the repeats are pretty much at the same volume as the initial note, and it doesn't decay well.

I used to think this was an issue with my amp, since I had a SS amp for a while - I just upgraded to a Crate V16, though, and I'm having the same problem. My chorus pedal seems to suffer from the same thing.

Do I need to get an external FX loop to make it sound right?
Yeah, the external fx loop is the only way your going to get it to sound right.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Ok, thanks for your help. I wonder if those are expensive to get put in. -_-
Well, what amp do you have?
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
are you using your amp distortion? if so, is your delay before the amp or in the effects loop of your amp? if its the former, thats the problem. delay needs to be after distortion really. if your amp has an effects loop, but the delay in it. if it doesnt, you're pretty stuck. you'd either have to get the amp modded to put an effect loop in, or start using pedal rather than amp distortion.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.