whats up?
i have a few quick questions about a TS9 im awful close to buying.
1.) does it add any extra noise? should i get a noise gate?
2.) Settings? i play mostly thrash-metal, but i do play a lot of different stuff. any settings for metal really will work.
3.) what should i do with the gain on my amp?

Please, any help would be highly appreciated. thanks.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
gain on ur amp goes off
buy a noise gate anyway, it controls feedback
I'mma FIIIIIRIN MAH LAZ0R

(Shoop da Woop)
Actually no. If you want a crunchy overdriven type sound, use the clean channel. If you want a sound a la Zakk wylde, use the overdrive/distortion channel on your amp and the ts.
I'm hungry.
Quote by Disasterboy
gain on ur amp goes off
buy a noise gate anyway, it controls feedback

For metal? No.

High gain + tubescreamer = yum for solos, and that little extra oomph.
Quote by Don_Humpador
For metal? No.

High gain + tubescreamer = yum for solos, and that little extra oomph.

thats what i was kinda hoping for. should i just max out all the knobs on the TS then, and keep my gain where it is? (6.5ish if it matters)
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Keep the gain knob on the TS on 0.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
If you're lookin at a TS-9, I'd suggest a Maxon OD-808 over it, only $20 more or so and a better pedal. Made by the people who originally made the Tubescreamer pedals and can be modded to true-bypass if you ever desire to, slightly better sounding than the Ibanez TS-808 as well (imo).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you're lookin at a TS-9, I'd suggest a Maxon OD-808 over it, only $20 more or so and a better pedal. Made by the people who originally made the Tubescreamer pedals and can be modded to true-bypass if you ever desire to, slightly better sounding than the Ibanez TS-808 as well (imo).

Any tube screamer can be modded...the TS series is probably one of the easiest to mod pedals on the planet aside from the DS-1.

If you're handy with the soldering iron, I'd buy the cheapest model I could find. Any differences in tone can easily be made up with a few cap and resistor mods, and those extra parts will still be less than the $20 it would cost to get the "better" pedal.
im decent with a soldering iron but all i really want is more oomph. maybe a tighter bottom end a bit more snarl from the high notes. they seem to just get lost. i just got an EQ pedal and that helped but ive heard nothing but love for the TS9. TwoString do you like yours? i see one in your gear.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by spoonylove90
im decent with a soldering iron but all i really want is more oomph. maybe a tighter bottom end a bit more snarl from the high notes. they seem to just get lost. i just got an EQ pedal and that helped but ive heard nothing but love for the TS9. TwoString do you like yours? i see one in your gear.

Yes, I enjoy it quite a bit. I've made a few tweaks to mine of course...a little less midrange, and more highs and lows to even things out.

It sounds like you'd benefit most from something like the Xotic BB Preamp. The BB Preamp will give you a lot more control over the tonal response of your boost. The tone stack is designed so you can actually dial in a bit of mid boost, which should push the preamp on your rig quite nicely. I'm still waiting to get some cash to invest in one (or the parts to build one), but as soon as I have the money and more important pieces of gear don't get in the way, I'll be picking one up.
nice choice on the TS9....all I have to say is.....MOD IT.

mod it to 808 specs (easy kits and instructions on the interwebz) and there's a thread on how to Keeley mod it yourself!
it sounds sooooo good
Quote by -heartbreaker-
nice choice on the TS9....all I have to say is.....MOD IT.

mod it to 808 specs (easy kits and instructions on the interwebz) and there's a thread on how to Keeley mod it yourself!
it sounds sooooo good

There is so much more to the TS family than 808 spec. For one, I say go with the TL071 chip...much better than the JRC IMO. Also, the Keeley mods are a good place to start, but you'll want to read up on the subject before you make any changes as those mods might not be for you.

And interwebz...hehehe.
i'll do some digging on the mods. it seems like i can get what i want from this pedal. thanks gentleman.

P.S. Any Mod floating around looking to close a thread can kill his bad boy.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL