do mini humbuckers. (mini 59, hot rails, cool rails) get you the same sound as full size humbuckers.?. mainly when put into a strat im referring too.

thanks for any comments,

ps im trying to decide what pickups for my strat.. thats why im asking .. bc i think humbuckers would better suite my playing.
no.

what strat is it? with any luck, it's routed for a full-sized humbucker already... then you'd just need a new pickguard (plus the pickup obviously).

EDIT: PS, those are single-coil-sized humbuckers- mini-humbuckers are something else again.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you are playing heavier rock and metal, you probably shouldn't be played a strat to begin with. Two humbuckers will get you the sound you want if thats your style of music.

What kind of music are you playing?

If you aren't playing a high end strat, I'd just try to pick up one of the lower series ESP LTD's, as they'd be rough enough.
Quote by Dave_Mc
what strat is it? with any luck, it's routed for a full-sized humbucker already... then you'd just need a new pickguard (plus the pickup obviously).

Aren't all strats at least cut for HSS? I'm pretty sure they are, it's just the American ones that are cut for HSH.

Could be wrong though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i have the american deluxe.. with ath s1 thing.. i love strats sounds.. but i i tend to play a lil more overdrive and distorttion. and i think mybridge sounds to sharp and not full enough... and yes i meant single coil sized humbucker not the mini ones sory about that.. i play thru a fender deluxe and usually play phish, hendrix, rhcp.. and jam aeround whatever nonsense i feel like
^ no worries about the mini-humbucker thing, i was just letting you know.

not too familiar with phish, but RHCP and jimi generally use SSS strats... do you play any heavier stuff? if you don't, you might just need a "nicer" bridge single coil...

Quote by rwalby9
If you are playing heavier rock and metal, you probably shouldn't be played a strat to begin with. Two humbuckers will get you the sound you want if thats your style of music.

What kind of music are you playing?

If you aren't playing a high end strat, I'd just try to pick up one of the lower series ESP LTD's, as they'd be rough enough.

yeah, no-one in heavier rock and metal ever used a fat strat.

Quote by MatrixClaw
Aren't all strats at least cut for HSS? I'm pretty sure they are, it's just the American ones that are cut for HSH.

Could be wrong though.

I'm not certain- that's why I say it's safer to check. You may indeed be correct.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^MIM strats are cut HSS so they can be used for both the HSS and the SSS models. and from that logic, and cost effectiveness, MIA seems like it would too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
mia are HSH, at least that's what it says on the fender site.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, no-one in heavier rock and metal ever used a fat strat.

I had to read that twice before I realized you were being sarcastic =^)

cough~Dave Murray~cough
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wait a sec, thin sounding....

I understand the bridge can be abit thin (not full), but also can I ask what amp you are using? That could be a big part in it.