Poll: Which one do you like best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one do you like best?
FbSa's The Explosion
19 79%
BassistGal's Retard with Fingers
5 21%
Voters: 24.
O.k, here is my own song, and Gal's song. This should be a good round! Vote on song/playing/yadayadayadayada leave helpful crit, pole closes in three days, and so on and so forth. Good luck to us both, and my the people choose swiftly and justly!

FbSa's The Explosion!

Vs.

BassistGal's Bass Wars III- Retard with Fingers!

O.k, have fun with it!
so how long have the two of u been playing? A month or two at most I"m guessing? If so your on the right track, if not well Idk what to tell ya lol.
I voted FbSa. I felt the song more. The part with the accented notes (guessing a chorus or something) can get people into it and I liked it. I liked Gal's also but I couldn't get into it as much. Good Luck both of you
I voted FbSa.
It was good but it had its low points(pun indeed).
BassistGal, I felt like retarded with fingers was better than lazy dog, however It just didnt "catch".
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by stratking91
so how long have the two of u been playing? A month or two at most I"m guessing? If so your on the right track, if not well Idk what to tell ya lol.

Uncalled for. There is no need to diss these players. They are both putting forth an effort, (albeit, not their best ) and are looking for some critique. Your post was useless and offencive. Everyone is now dumber for reading it.

Okay, Orlando. Good ideas. It had a real catch to it. I really FELT it. Especially in the part with the accented notes. It had a good groove to it, and it could be a nice solo in a song somewhere. There were some blips in the radar though. The biggest one I noticed was transition awkwardly, when shifting positions, and riffs. Other than that, quite impressive.

Gal, as much as the american culture has driven political correctness into my mind, I still must say, I laughed my ass off when I read your title. I couldn't help but think of "'You'll never get this, you'll never get this.' then one day he broke out of the cage and he got it." Anyway... The song, didn't really catch. It didn't have a riff or a main idea I felt. It seemed far too random, and didn't really progress anywhere. There were good, cohesive thoughts here and there but overall, it wasn't too hot.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
"'You'll never get this, you'll never get this.' then one day he broke out of the cage and he got it."

Ha ha, what movie is that from? It is really bugging me that I can't remember.

As for the topic, I voted for FbSa, although it is hard to really pick any clear winner. I thought both pieces were good listens, but both could have used a lot more work. FbSa's piece had a lot of interesting parts, but awkward transitions and altogether not very cohesive. I really liked the melody in Gal's piece and it was fairly consistent. However, I think with a change or two somewhere in the mix it would have grabbed my attention better. So points to FbSa for interesting ideas and points to Gal for good melody.
Quote by stratking91

Dunno if anyone's noticed...distinct lack of mp3's in Poindexter's profile. Muppet. Put up or shut up. Simple.

*Cracks knuckles and settles into sensible mode* Im voting FbSa this time around. Both tracks meander a bit, but Explosion's got a bit more 'life' to it.

Well done both, and ON WITH THE SHOW! (Dunno why I put that in...)
I voted for FbSa - lots of good little parts, but I think they need to be linked together more fluidly.

BassistGal - No offense, but I really didn't like this one. I felt like it was going all over the place... unless that was your artistic point, hence "Retard with Fingers."
Quote by Smidgelton
Ha ha, what movie is that from? It is really bugging me that I can't remember.

Borat on the raping of his sister by his retarded brother.

Anyway, I voted for BassistGal's, I liked the kinda bouncy feel he had with the theme, I thought his chords could have been played better in places but I enjoyed it none the less
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
BassistGal - No offense, but I really didn't like this one. I felt like it was going all over the place... unless that was your artistic point, hence "Retard with Fingers".

The thing is, that some new user signed up to bass wars, and he was supposed to go aganist me, I've looked at his profile and seen that he havent logged in for around a week, so I've just quickly assumed he wouldnt submit a piece, so I've quickly improvised and uploaded something (less then 250 seconds to record and upload).

It was really not serious, so I've just went ahead and called it "retard with fingers" to make it clear, that it isn't a serious track, and was just meant to get me a bye, since the other guy didn't submit the piece.

Then Orlando decided that in order to save time, he will re arrange the brackets, exculding the guys that didn't submit anything.
So, instead of getting a bye, I got a serious competition.

I'll be honest, I'm really surprised it got any votes at all.

Yeah man, call it your win, I've only just found out this thread exists , so thats why I havent replied.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Alright, sorry, but the other members of *BUSH* wanted me to have a competition, I believe I have been accused of bracket rigging. So I knew you didn't have any competition so I just flipped and faced you. Sorry man, of course it's not in my hands anymore, Jonnomainman took over now.
^ No problem.
I have absolutly no time lately, so its for the best that I wouldnt have to half ass something again, taking up room that others who actually want to put effort into it can come instead.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech