Im gonna be buying new pickups for my artcore semi hollow after christmas, and im looking for some suggestions, no price limit. The main music i play is, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, and Hendrix. For the neck pickup i want something with very good clean sound. Thanks
Gibson SG Standard

Custom Monterey Strat with Half scallop and CS 69's

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
For the bridge, possibly an SH-6 Duncan Distortion, and neck an SD '59 or Pearly Gates.
I don't know exactly what to suggest, you want a hollow-body guitar to sound like a solid-body one, which is just impossible. Just don't get anything too high gain or else feedback will own you.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i dont want to make a hollowbody sound like a solid body, the stock pickups in my artcore are ****, im just looking for some better pickups
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Quote by \m/, DylaN ,\m/
Im gonna be buying new pickups for my artcore semi hollow after christmas, and im looking for some suggestions, no price limit. The main music i play is, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, and Hendrix. For the neck pickup i want something with very good clean sound. Thanks

Alnico Pro II or an SH-1 '59 in the neck, SH-14 in the bridge. Install series/parallel switches for both pickups, using push/pull pots, for maximum versatility.
i wanted to put in a coil split using a pushpull pot, but the only way to really do anything in my guitar is through the f holes...
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
hmm well what kind of sounds can i get with series/parallell, will it be a lot more versatile than a coil split?
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
i thought those semi-hollow bodies were glued and you can't alter the inside or something...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
you can alter the inside but its difficult because u need to do it through the f holes
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
your hands fit through the f-holes?

how big is ur hand...? and do the full-size pots fit in there?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by \m/, DylaN ,\m/
hmm well what kind of sounds can i get with series/parallell, will it be a lot more versatile than a coil split?

Series is normal humbucker wiring.
Parallel wiring is brighter, a little less output. Sounds like a single coil, but NOT thin like a coil split. I've always thought coil splits sound kinda thin and weak...definitely not a good representation of a true single coil. But in parallel, you get brighter tone, and cleaner tone, like with a single coil, but it still is usable, and still hum cancelling.
i just looked inside my guitar, the pots seem to be a little smaller than normal, on the widest part of the f hole i can slide my hand in enough to take thing out
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
ill look into wiring the pickups as series/paralell with push/pull pots too
i think im gonna go with the sh-6 and '59
thanks
Gibson SG Standard

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
woops i didnt mean the sh-6 lol i was looking at that earlier