i've been playing for about 4 years now and i don't think i am a very good player what should i learn to make my self confidence go up?
confidence isn't something you can get from learning a song or anything. confidence comes from inside. be happy with you're playing. even if you're not incredible (i wouldn't know), you're still better than you were when you started, and you'll keep getting better.
well if its confidence your after metallica songs i find are quite gratifying learn some solos they make ya feel cool
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
it comes with comfort and time. i've been playing for 12 years now and although i'm confident i haven't always been that way. it more or less started when i stopped giving a f#ck what other people thought.
What can you already do?
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
if you already know how to play something, stop playing it. find something else to learn, which you have not played before. keep practicing those until you are OK, then move on to some other thing. after a while, go back to playing what you've played when you first started. you'll find that you've improved dramatically.
find the hardest possible thing you can find to play any genre and learn it even if it takes you two months
Quote by Tomaz24
Grades.

Learn grades.

Ive been playing for years to, even graded, i still think im ****.

Just dont ever admit your good and no one will bother you.
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
well if its confidence your after metallica songs i find are quite gratifying learn some solos they make ya feel cool

+1. Learn some Metallica solos, those always make me feel good, and they are easier than they sound.
Quote by AngerIsAGift06

+10

Learn some Metallica solos, awesome stuff.

Another thing you can do is once you have a song mastered, grab a video camera, film you playing the song, and post it on youtube. Though that could either make you feel really good or really bad depending on the types of comments and ratings you get. That's what I'm going to start going.
Quote by skatefreestyle
+10

Learn some Metallica solos, awesome stuff.

Another thing you can do is once you have a song mastered, grab a video camera, film you playing the song, and post it on youtube. Though that could either make you feel really good or really bad depending on the types of comments and ratings you get. That's what I'm going to start going.

I hate it when people do that. I have nothing agaisnt wanting critiques on a song, but showing off on youtube is so pointless.