Page 1 of 2
one of my friends is ahving a mini party tommorow and theres gonna be drinking and stuff. im underage and ive never drank before. im not gonna go to the party and not get drunk, basically.

my dad was an alcoholic, so in a way i dont wanna end up like him.

but on the other hand, i wanna know what its like and i sort of want to just do it because everyone says its fun.....

what do u guys think i should do?
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Do it.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
go, drink, but if you dont want to dont get drunk. or get drunk off your ass. they both work.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Drink but not to the puking in a ditch stage.

And take it slowly and check your drinking if you get too bad, if you've never drunk before you don't know your limits so make sure you don't go all out.
your not going to become an alcoholic on your first drink. so you want to do it cause everyone says its fun? wow
Quote by wshnationals
one of my friends is ahving a mini party tommorow and theres gonna be drinking and stuff. im underage and ive never drank before. im not gonna go to the party and not get drunk, basically.

my dad was an alcoholic, so in a way i dont wanna end up like him.

but on the other hand, i wanna know what its like and i sort of want to just do it because everyone says its fun.....

what do u guys think i should do?

depends. how old are ya? drinking a bit at a party once in a while isn't gonna turn ya into an alcoholic, but neither is it necessary to drink to have fun.
also spending all night with your head over a bucket is not fun. trust me on that one.
I would say drink beer and take it easy but you probably won't like the taste of beer if you never had it before. Just have a good time and get a nice buzz.

I'll have a bourbon.
get drunk, but not blasted to the point where you vomit, pass out, or just get in trouble. Basically, have fun with it, but control yourself. Not just the first time, but every time you drink.
heres the trick drink milk (to line the stomach) and eat lots. that way you will have an iron constitution to stop you making an arse of yourself. ps live a little
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by yourbestmistake
depends. how old are ya? drinking a bit at a party once in a while isn't gonna turn ya into an alcoholic, but neither is it necessary to drink to have fun.
also spending all night with your head over a bucket is not fun. trust me on that one.

+1
Quote by steee21
Take it easy. Enjoy it.

You don't have to get drunk.

+1... just eat and drink... EAT... it wont hit you that hard
have a shot or three but dont over do it
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Dude, have about 15 drinks throughout the night. I did that the first time i drank (at age 15) i had a good night (and a hangover) but its awesome
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Take it from me, PACE YOURSELF!!!

Given your inexperience, start off with a few shots. I'd say two or three. Then grab a beer.

You can drink two ways: slamming excessive amounts of alcohol to be "cool," which is STUPID, and going for the long-haul.

Here's my method - do shots until you get the desired feeling; a bit numb, and a sense of general well-being. It will be tempting to push it farther - a little feels good so more is better, right?

No.

Maintain that buzz, and stick to beer. Don't f*ck with wine (especially the white) as it's full of chemicals that will make you feel like hell tomorrow.

Drink beer until you feel a little uncomfortable, perhaps slightly dizzy, etc. Then go for the snacks. Eating will sober you up and allow you to continue the party. You will satisfy the natural urge to consume something, but it will be something that will take you back to a comfortable level with your buzz.

Also as far as your beer choice (if you have one) - nothing wrong with a free beer, but strong, thick beer is better.

I recommend Spaten Optimator, though this one is not for the meek!! It will be highly satisfying, and once you are used to the taste it is quite pleasant going down.

Also try Newcastle Brown.

If you want a light beer go for Spaten Premium or Stella Artois. Those will treat you right.

It's easy to party all night and even (possibly) drive home if you are an experienced beer drinker. If you do have to drive keep that in mind and remember 1 drink per hour will maintain you.

Too drunk? Wait an hour, and eat some snacks.

Marijuana will add about three drinks to your buzz level, and is not always a good idea. Do it early if at all, or later when you've sobered up a bit, otherwise...

...not good!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Have limits, just drink a 250 ml maximum, and only drink on Friday nights. That's what I do, also try having fun with it and mix it with other juices to makes cocktails.

Cocktails = ftw.
do not touch absinthe if youve never drunk before. vodka, whisky, rum and tequila are also good to avoid. again trust me on this one. stick to beer or alcopops and absolutely NO strawpedos.
and respect to the guy who recommends newkie brown. tis good. stouts or dark ales will help you pace yourself a bit (teighnworthy's climate change is my favourite for a session), but if you must drink lager i recommend ostravar.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Take it from me, PACE YOURSELF!!!

Given your inexperience, start off with a few shots. I'd say two or three. Then grab a beer.

You can drink two ways: slamming excessive amounts of alcohol to be "cool," which is STUPID, and going for the long-haul.

Here's my method - do shots until you get the desired feeling; a bit numb, and a sense of general well-being. It will be tempting to push it farther - a little feels good so more is better, right?

No.

Maintain that buzz, and stick to beer. Don't f*ck with wine (especially the white) as it's full of chemicals that will make you feel like hell tomorrow.

Drink beer until you feel a little uncomfortable, perhaps slightly dizzy, etc. Then go for the snacks. Eating will sober you up and allow you to continue the party. You will satisfy the natural urge to consume something, but it will be something that will take you back to a comfortable level with your buzz.

Also as far as your beer choice (if you have one) - nothing wrong with a free beer, but strong, thick beer is better.

I recommend Spaten Optimator, though this one is not for the meek!! It will be highly satisfying, and once you are used to the taste it is quite pleasant going down.

Also try Newcastle Brown.

If you want a light beer go for Spaten Premium or Stella Artois. Those will treat you right.

It's easy to party all night and even (possibly) drive home if you are an experienced beer drinker. If you do have to drive keep that in mind and remember 1 drink per hour will maintain you.

Too drunk? Wait an hour, and eat some snacks.

Marijuana will add about three drinks to your buzz level, and is not always a good idea. Do it early if at all, or later when you've sobered up a bit, otherwise...

...not good!

nothing more needs to be said. listen to this man lol.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Just remember not to over do it as then you'll be sorry, i made that mistake the first couple of times i got wasted. always good to know your limits apart from when you drinks o much you forget them =S
You could do what I did first time I got drunk..drink a ****load cause its awesome not knowing a half hour later your gonna be hammered..it was all in good fun.
Remember,
Beer before liquor and you'll puke quicker
Liquor before beer and you're in the clear

If you are doing shots do 2-4 to start. Then wait for it to kick in. Then decide if you want more.
Do it a little at the time. Wait for your previous drink to kick in before you drink anymore. If you start feeling a little bad, sit down and eat something. One or two drinks an hour should work.

Or you can do like I did the first time I got drunk and chug half a bottle of vodka.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Cocktails = ftw.

for the women?
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Dont do it kid. Its a bad idea.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by GiantRaven
You can go to a party, not drink and still have a **** load of fun

I manage it

I absolutely hate that, especially when you're like the only sober person there.
Quote by Metal claw
You're probably not gonna like how it tastes at first.

ya but the further you get into the partying, the better it tastes.

So ya, listen to the guys that say to take it slow so that you dont overdo it, black out and end up somewhere with a sore ass and lube in hand.

Funny prank some friends pulled, the first to pass out got kicked in the ass for a long time and woke up with, you guessed it, lube in his hand. Only a month later did my friends tell him it was a joke lolz
Quote by Muzikh
Agnostics. Yes. They picket Atheist churches with signs saying, "SAY MAYBE TO GOD!!"

:P
Quote by Godsmack_IV
I absolutely hate that, especially when you're like the only sober person there.

Its not that bad

You get to laugh at other people whilst not making a complete fool of yourself
don't be a pussy, go and enjoy yourself, just don't be that guy that gets drunk off his ass and makes a fool of himself lol
well depending on body type. i would say start off with a beer. it may taste like crap at first but youll like it. start slow have a drink then wait a bit let you buzz build slowly. It will take a little while before feel it. if you don't like beer. take a shot of whatever, wait 10 minutes and do another. after that you should feel a buzz in a few minutes. if you like it go for 3. then just wait. if you never drank b4 3 shots shoudl give you a good buzz.. but just take it slow. you can always have more but if you have to much to soon youll end up to drunk and not liking it
If you want to drink just to look cool, and you're doing it just because everyone else is, then DON'T. Like GiantRaven said, you can still not drink and have fun. I do it all the time.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Dead_edd
Just remember not to over do it as then you'll be sorry, i made that mistake the first couple of times i got wasted. always good to know your limits apart from when you drinks o much you forget them =S

yeah same here
drinkiing is fine as long as you can do it responsibly. just drink slow and only bad things happen when you drink to much to fast.
If you want to know what it's like to get drunk, go ahead and try it. But don't let anyone pressure you into it if you really don't want to. And you won't end up an alcoholic like your dad just because you decide to see what it's like to get drunk. Have a good time whatever you do though.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Or you can go and drink, but not get drunk. that's what i did the first time i drank. I've never been drunk in my life, and I'm proud of that.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Page 1 of 2