nice, did u find it in like a relatives house? or in a store?
if in a store, how much did they charge you?
i found it at my inlaws....it was my wifes grandads guitar

its in really rough shape though.......some cracks and the neck is starting to buckle just a little........u think its worth restoring???
so its almost 80 years old eh?? thats kinda cool...maybe i keep it the way it is has alot of character
u know where they were made?
it has a stamp inside that reads f 10 or somethin like that
i believe they were made by the American Music Industry, i could be wrong, i am just reading something off of another forum site. im not sure if 1930s was too early for japan/china manufacturing, im also reading that they sold a lot in canada?
Is that not a left handed set up bridge there?
or am I just getting mixed up?
Right handed has a slant of / doesn't it, I'm not around my guitars so I can't check cause I'm to lazy to climb the stairs.

Where as that has a \.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Is that not a left handed set up bridge there?
or am I just getting mixed up?
Right handed has a slant of / doesn't it, I'm not around my guitars so I can't check cause I'm to lazy to climb the stairs.

Where as that has a \.

To me it just looks like a hella crappy setup. I've never seen a guitar that needed to be intonated that radically, so my guess is that the slant is totally random.
Actually I'm right, the itonation is set up there for left handed :S
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Actually I'm right, the itonation is set up there for left handed :S

Way to ignore everything I just said and reiterate your own opinion, you huge ignoramus... Show me the guitar that needs a slant that extreme to intonate well (that doesn't have fanned frets) and I'll take you seriously, but until then, use a little common sense instead of bulldozering on with your "I'm right about every half-assed assumption I make".
See, even the guy who has the guitar in his hands thinks it's just worked itself into that wonky position. See, the bridge is completely loose (as in: not bolted down or fastened to the sound board at all) on hollowbodies like this...
ok ok lets not fight about it its just a guitar...lol....so anyways back to my original question would it be worth restoring this old twanger?????? and is Minerva A sot after antigue???
Quote by LP Addict
i believe they were made by the American Music Industry, i could be wrong, i am just reading something off of another forum site. im not sure if 1930s was too early for japan/china manufacturing, im also reading that they sold a lot in canada?

definately too early for japan and china. Most likely made in USA.
After 1st world war, the allies made germany pay them money to rebuild their cities. Thus ****ing up the german economy, pissing them off and leading to the second world war. (including japan). This time round, the allies had learnt their lesson, and decided to help germany/japands economies.
So japan manufacturing = post 1945.

And china has only recently (in the past 10 years or so) became a place for stuff to be mass produced...