Hey folks, ever since i got my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (40w tube), I have only been able to crank it a few times. I have it set up on my first floor in a side room, so when other people are home I cant put it very loud at all. We have a garage that connects to our house, but its cold as F*** rite now so I'm not sure that will work. Does anybody know where I can use this with people home at a moderate volume? Soundproofing isn't out of the question, but my space is limited. Bedroom, basement, and attic are not the best spots for it, but any advice is appreciated.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
make a sound proof box... its the best for your kind of situation...

make o box of really thick wood... cover the insides with sound proof material... stick your amp inside...

edit: i think i saw a video of dave weiner on youtube... it was about how he made and used his soundproof box
you probably won't be able to crank it all the way, but, if you cover the walls, ceiling and floor with shag carpet, you'll be able to turn it up alot more
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
This is by far pretty inconvenient but any colleges neaby? They usually will have open practice rooms and most times of the day you should just be able to walk in and nobody should question you. Again, its a pain, but I've gotten used to it.
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
Quote by just17n8
make a sound proof box... its the best for your kind of situation...

make o box of really thick wood... cover the insides with sound proof material... stick your amp inside...

edit: i think i saw a video of dave weiner on youtube... it was about how he made and used his soundproof box

Wouldn't that be kind of pointless? I mean he wants to be able to hear a cranked amp without bugging others, but if it's in a box, then the sound is all muffled and it doesn't really matter if it's cranked or not.

You could buy foam insulation and cover the walls with it, but that's quite spendy. There's the egg carton trick, but that's a crapload of egg cartons, and I've heard people say that it doesn't really work that well.

Another idea, buy a space heater for your garage.
if i did decide to get a space heater, is it bad to leave an amp in the cold. Im pretty sure that the cold would F up the guitar so i'd bring that inside, but would i have to lug the amp back and fourth too?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
tell your neighbors to f off or maybee use headphones or turn up the volume on the tv like
LP Addict
Tubes don't like going straight from the cold to being scorching hot
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
An attenuator is always a possibility..
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12