Page 1 of 2
I <3 making threads about sweet tours. But I swear to God, this is the first tour that after reading about, I literally jumped up and sprinted a lap around my house in excitement. If I can catch this, i will never complain about how Europe gets all the folk metal ever again.

myspace (official not yet up)

Paganfest 08

Ensiferum
Turisas
TYR (First american tour)
Eluveitie (same)

so far announced
Apr 25 2008 8:00P
The Opera House Toronto, ON - CANADA
Apr 26 2008 8:00P
Medley Montreal, QC - CANADA
Apr 27 2008 8:00P
The Palladium Worcester, Massachusetts
Apr 28 2008 8:00P
Jaxx Springfield, Virginia (all me baby)
Apr 29 2008 8:00P
Peabody’s Down Under Cleveland, Ohio
May 5 2008 8:00P
Studio Seven Seattle, Washington
May 10 2008 8:00P
California MetalFest Orange County, California
May 15 2008 8:00P
Ridglea Theater Fort Worth, Texas
May 16 2008 8:00P
The White Rabbit San Antonio, Texas

My fellow Americans, up the horns.

Who's a going?
Yeah Im deff seeing that. April owns for shows. King Diamond, Meshuggah, Ensiferum...
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
And we also get Nile earlier that, and DT/Opeth/BTBAM will also be by in April/May, Then Symphony X w/ Into Eternity confirmed in May.
I saw Ensiferum 9 days ago. I'd love to see them again with a bigger lineup. This will be amazing (if it's not on a weekday).
I've found Jesus
never heard of any of these bands... what genre are they?
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Folk Metal. Kinda just metal, but with lyrics about Vikings and conquest i think. Just listen to any Turisas song, u should get it from that.
Awesome line-up, I was lucky enough to see Ensiferum about a week ago, and they were amazing, despite the fact I was tired as **** when they hit the stage. Five bands was a little too much as openers. Either way, I'll think about checking this out, King Diamond the same month though, which will be quite a financial blow.
Quote by flying_phoenix
Awesome line-up, I was lucky enough to see Ensiferum about a week ago, and they were amazing, despite the fact I was tired as **** when they hit the stage. Five bands was a little too much as openers. Either way, I'll think about checking this out, King Diamond the same month though, which will be quite a financial blow.

Lol yea, well Symphony X /w Into Eternity and Epica the same month, and Maiden a month earlier. That will make my wallet small
I've found Jesus
For those who have seen Ensiferum, did they have a big elaborate stage show with paint and swords etc..., or did they just come on and play normally?
Quote by Mr. President
For those who have seen Ensiferum, did they have a big elaborate stage show with paint and swords etc..., or did they just come on and play normally?

They just came on with face paint and played a normal set. The venue they played over here in Toronto was a piece of crap and there was a huge metal pole to the left of the circle pit, so that was retarded. Nonetheless, epic gig. The sound was a little off though. I couldn't hear their solos properly and the sound crew could have done a better eq job. I'm sure it'd be a lot better at a more prestigious venue.
I've found Jesus
Dude **** me. The closest one to me is Ohio and Im in chicago... aghhh wow. Thats so fcking retarded. I wanna see Ensiferum soooooo bad... Gaurdians of Fate!!!! **** I would **** myself. I need to find out whos playing around here soon.
Im gonna probably hit up Jaxx
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Anyone else going to the CA Orange county date? Would be killer to see a fellow UG there.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I wish they would've come to Michigan I can't make a trip to Cleveland during school, otherwise i may have done just that
2008 will be an awesome year for metal. Already got my Nile tickets, gonna buy Amon tix once I get paid. Now this tour. Wow, and I just saw CC two months ago for $15.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
**** off.

No one ever comes to Saskatchewan. Except for Ozzy.

More dates BETTER be added.

EDIT: Goddamn!! Into Eternity!? Jesus!! I love them! ****!
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
Last edited by Crutchy at Nov 19, 2007,
I have to drive 40 minutes to worcester and get the gangstas to stare at us while they drive by the line...blaring their gangsta rap. lol They like....challenge us. Last year a guy started screaming at us and **** so....me and 20 other people rushed his car and just like put are hands into his windows and he sped off. lol
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
ohhh my god yes
finally some ****ing folk metal to see live
:O YAY!!!

Im so ****ing happy about this. I was so pissed off when I missed Ensiferum in Toronto two weeks ago but now this is even better. All 4 are in my top 10 favourite folk metal bands. Im telling everyone I know.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
As a whole, how are folk metal crowds in comparison to those of other types of metal? Anything 'special' I should know? This will be my first folk metal concert, if I manage to catch one, so I'm not sure what to expect, really.

Anyways, anyone else planning to hit the Fort Worth, TX date?
Quote by Broadsword
As a whole, how are folk metal crowds in comparison to those of other types of metal? Anything 'special' I should know? This will be my first folk metal concert, if I manage to catch one, so I'm not sure what to expect, really.

Just like a power metal gig, expect everyone to know every single line to every single song.

I am one of those people.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
No stop in Minnesota? For shame. Surely we of viking heritage should get such an awesome tour stop.
Probably going to the Orange County show.

Our skin worn thin
Our bones exposed
Life reduced to ticks
Quote by Teh Forest King
I have to drive 40 minutes to worcester and get the gangstas to stare at us while they drive by the line...blaring their gangsta rap. lol They like....challenge us. Last year a guy started screaming at us and **** so....me and 20 other people rushed his car and just like put are hands into his windows and he sped off. lol

damn *gangstas* these days
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Quote by strigoi_vii
Probably going to the Orange County show.

Sweet, if you confirm this let me know, Ill be going with a few friends and would be cool to meet up maybe.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Broadsword

Dress warm.

And by 'dress warm,' I mean, 'put on a kilt and raise your broadsword and flask to the gods.'

DO IT.

But yeah wear a kilt.

EDIT-

I was actually unaware when I was originally writing this post that your name was Broadsword. lolololol
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Last edited by Dirtydeeds468 at Nov 28, 2007,
awwwww i only really get metalstock next year oh well metalstock will be pretty good
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Dress warm.

And by 'dress warm,' I mean, 'put on a kilt and raise your broadsword and flask to the gods.'

DO IT.

But yeah wear a kilt.

I have a kilt and I am very tempted to wear it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Jesus christ that's an amazing tour. Seriously. I hate the US...
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Page 1 of 2