Hey, give my first recorded song in a long time a listen. I call it Tossin and Turnin Blues. Its pretty rough, but I would like to know what everyone thinks, good and bad. I appriciate any and all comments regarding my song. The link is below.

http://dirtyryanblues.dmusic.com/
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
nobody is responding, is there a problem? The link works for me... i can take critisism just like the next guy...
crit as i listen...

Intro is bluesy. But It's quite quiet. I'm turning up my volume better not break out with some loud playing haha.

Cool.. textbook blues song. Buy a new gun eh? Now it's Hey Joe.

Maybe add some different licks in there or add some lead parts in there, add some variation.

Overall pretty good. Recording quality needs to be a bit better, but if it suits you then do what you want haha.

Crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715176
Hey man. my whole setup is just my laptop and its built in microphone. What do you use to record? I have audacity.

If you want I can go over settings with you, it took me 6 months to figure out how to get recording to even sound right. I always had clipping, I would be glad to share the wealth.

It sounds good but I cant really give you a crit until I can hear it better
Its interesting, but sorta seems incomplete. I definately would like to hear it finished.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
Quote by |2eM!x
Hey man. my whole setup is just my laptop and its built in microphone. What do you use to record? I have audacity.

If you want I can go over settings with you, it took me 6 months to figure out how to get recording to even sound right. I always had clipping, I would be glad to share the wealth.

It sounds good but I cant really give you a crit until I can hear it better

Yea, im using a mic attached to some headphones and audacity. It would be great if you know any tips or tricks.
Quote by 812many
Yea, im using a mic attached to some headphones and audacity. It would be great if you know any tips or tricks.

Haha so do I. It's tough with acoustic, but you just gotta make whatever you're recording as loud as possible without messing up levels on audacity, so that you're not having to boost gain to be able to hear it, which adds a lot of fuzz/buzz.

But as for your song, nice and bluesy. It sounds a bit out of tune though when you start playing chords. But yeah mainly it's getting used to recording/using audacity that's gonna make a big difference in the sound quality. Just keep experimenting with getting the most input while reducing fuzz and the tracks will get better. Lowering gain helps but that obviously makes it quieter, so the main thing is to play/sing as close/loud as you can. Just play with it, keep it up.

And thanks for your comments on mine.
very very good. its not quite my style.. i prefer more layers, but for what u were goin for it sounds incredibly good.

hey btw sorry it took me so long to crit... been busy.