Page 1 of 2
Well Christmas is coming up, which means new gear for me! Now to the topic, Digitech has a deal going on now where u buy 2 pedals and get one free. I'm getting a Peavey Windsor halfstack and want a nice hard rock-metal overdrive out of it. So I'm going to buy either the Bad Monkey of Tone Driver, i have no experience with either, so input will be appreciate. I really have no idea what other two pedals to get. I know the Windsor has no reverb, so possibly the digiverb. Any suggestions on Digitech pedals will be greatly appreaciated. I like my digitech distortions, so i am a fan of the company.
The Bad Monkey is the one pedal by them I've ever really liked and I've tried a lot.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Have u tried the Tone Driver? Because the price doesn't make a difference to me, i just want to kno which overdrive would suit me best. Thanx for the feedback.
Yes, I have. The Bad Monkey is better sounding (imo). But if you're really only looking for an OD and have to buy 2 pedals to get one free, I'd suggest just buying a nice OD like a Maxon that will be better overall.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
the grunge pedal sounds good for higher gain stuff.
stay away from the "metal" one, it sounds like ass and there's no drive knob to adjust
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
From what I've gathered, Bad Monkey>>>>Tone Driver. I've had experience with niether though. I've had experience with the Scremain' Blues though, it's a pretty solid pedal. Kind of trebbly, but you get used to it. And jsut so you know, the 3rd pedal has to be equal to or less than the value of the lower of the two pedals you buy. So I don't think you cna get a Digiverb free with those two.

I say get a good dirt, like the Hot Rod, Bad Monkey, or Distortion Factory, then get like a delay or reverb or modulation, which will increase the price possiblity of your free pedal.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Yea, i thought about getting a Digiverb, Multi-Chorus, and an Overdrive. I have had the Metal Master and Hot Rod, i liked both of them. The Grunge........not so much. Thanx again for the feedback guys
they both sound horrible. there is no dimension to the pedal. its not true "overdrive" its just gain and fuzz. you cant play complex chords with it because its not bright and they dont shimmer through. just buy a peaveyvalve king and youll never need a gain pedal ever again.
Well i already have my amp decided, i love the Windsor. But i think i have decided to buy a different OD and just get some other effects. Main Squeeze (compression), Digiverb (reverb), and Multi-Chorus sound like a good combo? What do u guys think of the Digidelay?
if i were u i just stick to modulation pedals instead of distortioin/od ones. digitech actually makes fairly good delay and reverb pedals and ive never had a chance to play their chorus boxes. im more of a TC electronics guy...
Quote by HIM%(^
they both sound horrible. there is no dimension to the pedal. its not true "overdrive" its just gain and fuzz. you cant play complex chords with it because its not bright and they dont shimmer through. just buy a peaveyvalve king and youll never need a gain pedal ever again.

Eh? I'd much rather have a Windsor, VK doesn't have loads of gain either.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Get their delay, reverb, and either a dirt or chorus box. Theit compressor isn't the best.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by MatrixClaw
Eh? I'd much rather have a Windsor, VK doesn't have loads of gain either.

its got plenty, double track it on pro tools or run it stereo live..it sounds great. its not good for the ****ty "ive been playing guitar for 6 months and i listen to atreyu so i scoop all my mids" kind of thing. its got that great dream theater tone, id say its a cheaper version of a mesa road king
not at all, i didnt say it was as good, but you can get alot of the tones that you get out of a road king from it. its also a little dirtier then the road king which i like better because i dont like the creamyness of the roadking because it sounds to much like that classic british tone.
dont go with digitech, you will regret it. Instead, spend more on fewer pedals that will last you.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Quote by HIM%(^
its got plenty, double track it on pro tools or run it stereo live..it sounds great. its not good for the ****ty "ive been playing guitar for 6 months and i listen to atreyu so i scoop all my mids" kind of thing. its got that great dream theater tone, id say its a cheaper version of a mesa road king

Are you joking...???

Worst joke of the yeeer!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by HeartInACage
dont go with digitech, you will regret it. Instead, spend more on fewer pedals that will last you.

I have had several digitech distortions over the years, they have all lasted fine for me, i am pretty gentle with my gear tho.
Quote by a_hub10
I have had several digitech distortions over the years, they have all lasted fine for me, i am pretty gentle with my gear tho.

im not referring the quality in which theyre built, but rather the quality of sound they produce, which is generally pretty sh!tty
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
No, frankly the vk and rk do not. The fact that you said that the RK has a Beitish feel to it alone makes me not take your point seriously. Perhaps it may if you leave it at say 2 el34S, never switch off the vintage mode(i think that is the name--haven't played one in a while...the up position) on the high gain channels. If you don'r, you can make it sound like a more defined, less boomy dual Rec. Also, if the valveking sounded almost the same as a rk, artists would use it instead, since mesa is known "not" to give endorsements/free amps, abd I suspect Peavy dies.

For digitech pedals, I want a jamman, and an xp300, but it is discontinued.
Last edited by TheShred201 at Nov 20, 2007,
^ i got two space stations.

but yea, there was a thread on this a few days ago. i posted the pedals i think digitech makes that are worthwhile. quite a few, you just gotta' sift.
Don't listen to people against Digitech, I've used digitech effects all throughout my guitar life. Ive spent over $1500 on digitech pedals and have NEVER had ANY issues.
You'll be right mate.
Quote by -HeretiC-
Don't listen to people against Digitech, I've used digitech effects all throughout my guitar life. Ive spent over $1500 on digitech pedals and have NEVER had ANY issues.
You'll be right mate.

If your tag-line said anything other than "Extreme Shredder" I might have taken you seriously...
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Its not that theyre all bad, but you can easily get something that sounds better for either the same price or cheaper, although alot of their pedals DO suck.

And you've spent over 1500 on Digitech? Is that supposed to prove that theyre good or that youre just retarded?
Quote by pinkhaze29
whammy!

The man is right! The whammy is the only digitech pedal I've ever liked. Its pretty expensive, so I doubt it would come under that deal, but still worth buying (although I'd try it out, as it isn't for everyone).
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I only have 2 Digitech pedals.They suit me fine.They produce exactly the sound I want and haven't caused me a problem till now..I have them one year.The hot head distortion is excellent!
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
Quote by HeartInACage
Its not that theyre all bad, but you can easily get something that sounds better for either the same price or cheaper, although alot of their pedals DO suck.

And you've spent over 1500 on Digitech? Is that supposed to prove that theyre good or that youre just retarded?

Seems to me you hate for the sake of hating.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Im not hating for the sake of hating, Im hating bad advice that causes new guitarists to waste their money on mediocre pedals.
Quote by a_hub10
Have u tried the Tone Driver? Because the price doesn't make a difference to me, i just want to kno which overdrive would suit me best. Thanx for the feedback.

play them

and i'd say to get these

ex 7

digi verb

digi delay

i suposse that you pay for the two most expensive ones and get the third for free isn't it?
Quote by HeartInACage
Im not hating for the sake of hating, Im hating bad advice that causes new guitarists to waste their money on mediocre pedals.

Yes, some are mediocre. But your making it seem like they're all a waste of money.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Aside from the Whammy and maybe 1-2 others, they ARE mediocre. They suck tone, regardless of whether theyre on. They sound alright, but for the price, you can usually find a much better option. And maybe I'm biased because I hate cheap digital effects, but I most often cannot find an excuse for buying Digitech, there is almost always a better option.
There's usually always that better opportunity or option for everything, but not everyone is willing to take that leap. Most of the typical responses you see on UG are usually made (if the person isn't regurgitating what they've read) to keep someone from making the same mistakes we've all made in the past. Not saying Digitech is crap, but we've all settled for crap only to end up selling and buying something better down the road. Advice like that is always good, too bad not everyone is open enough to take it.

Then again, not everyone needs top notch gear. So, Digitech might be what they're looking for. If they've tried it, like it, then it's up to them whether or not they should get it.
Quote by TheShred201
Jermie, is one of those free to the highest bidder?

sorry bro, but im not ever letting go of them. im actually going to try and cop a 3rd in a couple months. the ex-7 is spreading and all the kiddies are finding out how cool that thing is. get em' while you can.
yeah, the guy who does em' is a mod off guitar geek. one of my xps is normal, the other is the little combo.
Quote by HeartInACage

No idiot, not retarded. I spent over a thousand dollars on a digitech GNX4 and you probably know what that is, and ive had a couple of other digitech pedals aswell.
Page 1 of 2