Im looking to buy a Peavey Valveking. Im more leaning torward the 212 but 112 is looking really good for 250-350 on craigslist. But, ive also heard they get muddy at really high volume. So im looking for a little information from veterans of the valveking and offers of your 112 and 212.
Thanks
Dewdadrew
Meh....they're alright dude, I didn't love it when I played one at my friends house but I didn't completely hate it either. It has one tone of gain really, there is absolutely NO room for tweaking. If you could find a JSX, XXX, or 6505 combo you would be a lot better off.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by dewdadrew
What kind of tone? And I ll look into the others.

To be honest the tone was just a step above sounding like a Boss Metal Zone Pedal (which isn't too great). The Peavey JSX is kinda pricey when used but it sounds amazing. The XXX is alright, its just a lot better than the valveking. The 6505+ is also fantastic sounding. Look up clips of all of them on youtube to get an idea what they sound like.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Ive got a 112, I really like it, but the reverb gets really "springy" in a bad way after about 4 good clean tones esp. with the bright on, and the lead channel is loud as death at about halfway. theyre good amps.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
I have a 212 combo that I may be willing to part with as I'm about to upgrade my rig. how much are you looking to spend?
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
$450

I found some on craigslist for 350, but the guy hasnt responded......So now im looking on UG.
I find the Valveking to have everything I need in it for a good price.

Good lead channel that can handle everything from Power Metal to blues.

Good clean channel that can handle everything from Jazz to country.

It does get a bit "boomy" sometimes and the thing has the power to peel paint off of walls, but overall it's a great amp. Especially for the price.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
The clean sounds on the 112 is really good, although like someone said earlier, the reverb gets really springy after 4 or 5. The gain is a bit difficult to tweak sometimes, but if you just sub in some newer, nicer tubes it sounds a lot better. Overall it's a nice tube amp for the money.