Alright I've had my guitar for about a year and im finally replacing the strings. LONG over due, needless to say.

Ive got them on, did a bad job "tying" them but oh well they're still on. And got them close to in tune, but I've got 2 problems.

The lowest strings give me really wierd tone issues when i pick them. I'm not sure how to describe it. it sounds "loose" I guess, but nothing i can find is loose so im not sure whats up. Its really a bad way to describe the sound but thats all i got.

Second is, my guitar is going out of tune FAST. I just tuned 2 minutes ago, played a little bit and im back out of tune by about 1-1.5 steps on each string. What is wrong with this?
IRON MAIDENAC/DC
METALLICAMEGADETH
OZZYGUNS N' ROSES

AD/HD

Back in Bla....Oh look a squirrel!
what kind of guitar is it?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
new strings need to stretch a bit before they hold a tune.
so play and tune them a few times.

and make sure the strings arent rubbing on the frets and making noises,
that the strings are tuned to the correct octaves, and if it's a trem bridge, that the bridge hasnt lifted.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What kind of strings are they and what gauge? If you switched gauges your guitar probably isn't set up properly for them. The higher the gauge, the smaller the vibration path and therefore the closer they can be to the fretboard, you might have put too light of strings on there and therefore when they vibrate they actually touch your frets. This could also explain your tuning issues too. Just a thought, hard to tell without having it in hand.
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
Well there could be a few problems.
The tuning problem...what kinda guitar/tuners do you have? if you have really thick gauge, and really cheap tuners, that could happen. Stretching our strings helps, and make sure its tuned to E or lower, not higher.
Loose sound might be coz the action is so low it touches the frets or a pickup or something, or, you might have a small bit of spare string caught in your bridge. That does happen if you have a strat-style bridge, but rarely if its Floyd Rose or Stoptail.
Hope some of that helped.
Other wise, i'm not sure
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/baja/electric_guitar_starter_kit/index.html

thats my guitar. Cheap, I know.

strings i got were... Fret Blasters - Regular

The numbers it has listed in mm are:

.25 .33 .43 .66 .91 1.17

I have very nice tuner Korg TM-40 tuner and metronome. ...Least I hope its good for paying 40 bucks for it.
IRON MAIDENAC/DC
METALLICAMEGADETH
OZZYGUNS N' ROSES

AD/HD

Back in Bla....Oh look a squirrel!
Last edited by HannibaLecterMD at Nov 19, 2007,
Haha, wasn't thinking mm at first and was going to lay into you because your had bought strings for some kind of 6 stringed bass. Don't know what to tell you, guess I'd just take it into a shop.
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
Quote by HannibaLecterMD
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/baja/electric_guitar_starter_kit/index.html

thats my guitar. Cheap, I know.

strings i got were... Fret Blasters - Regular

The numbers it has listed in mm are:

.25 .33 .43 .66 .91 1.17

I have very nice tuner Korg TM-40 tuner and metronome. ...Least I hope its good for paying 40 bucks for it.

all you need to do is make sure ur bridge is level.
and use the strings a while until they break in a little.

if you dont know how to string a guitar then

http://www.elixirstrings.com/products/howtostring_electricstandard.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011