Hey all. I play in a jam band and do a lot of solo recording too. I have a bunch of pedals and love the crazy sounds i get from them. However, everypedal i have i just a pedal. If its wah its a wah. If its delay its delay. Phase is phase. And you get the point by now.
I'm looking for the weirdest sounds out there. The most unique. I dont care if the output doesnt even sound like a guitar. I just want different sounds - i can always find a place for them. thanks for the help, and if my dream pedals don't exist.. well i understand.
POG, HOG, Talkbox, Roland Synth Pickup...

You have lots of options...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Roland guitar synth

Digitech EX-7.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
What about that random arpeggiator pedal? What's it called? Robo something...
Omar used it on the interlude in Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt by TMV.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Mooger Fooger. Every single one of their pedals has a "freakout setting" (one would say). They all sound different and do incredibly strange, beautiful, or undescribable things.

Another way to go is to get a really nice delay or looper (if you don't have one), and create layer, feedback, and pitch modulation, or reverse effects. The Electro Harmonix Stereo Memory Man wth Hazarai would be good for that.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by mattreid222
sounds like your after an EHX Frequency Analyser

+1, I was hoping someone would put that. Id say its exactly what your looking for. Ring Modulators are definitely ideal for making weird sounds.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Quote by agaze
try the line 6 FM4 filter modulator. It has lots of the weirdest sounds. Check out this video to see what the FM4 can do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYrAD7khRh4

+1 the other guitarist in my band has one of these and they are awesome, i'm thinking of getting one as well
POST FINDER
Mooger foogers scare me.. ..The sounds you can make with that thing are

Web candle + a monkey get it? hah! i thought not! thats how wierd the sounds are! you can't even like..... comprehend them

Sounds just about right!!
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Get like 3 delays in a row, crank the repeats/decay on the first one, make some noise with your guitar (just throw it on the floor), get on the floor, and play with everything, have fun. That's what I do at the end of a set.
These go to eleven...