#1
Ok I posted a while ago about how my guitar was shocking me, and with some help from members of the forum, came to the the conclusion that the outlet I was using was not grounded. So I moved it to one that was. The problem persisted. Now I am playing, not even plugged into an amp, and just a few minutes ago I received a shock to the wrist and it has been numb ever since. I know it's not static because it always comes from the same place on the guitar, one of the screws holding the pickups. It's an Epiphone Les Paul. PLEASE HELP!
#2
Quote by The_Crumpet
Ok I posted a while ago about how my guitar was shocking me, and with some help from members of the forum, came to the the conclusion that the outlet I was using was not grounded. So I moved it to one that was. The problem persisted. Now I am playing, not even plugged into an amp, and just a few minutes ago I received a shock to the wrist and it has been numb ever since. I know it's not static because it always comes from the same place on the guitar, one of the screws holding the pickups. It's an Epiphone Les Paul. PLEASE HELP!


It can't be your guitar. Pickups don't make enough voltage to shock you. What other electronics are in your room? Sounds like something outside your guitar. Are you in contact with anything metal other then the guitar?
#3
not that i can think of, apart from a shard of iron that got lodged in my palm when i was 6 and hasn't come out since.
#6
Quote by The_Crumpet
not that i can think of, apart from a shard of iron that got lodged in my palm when i was 6 and hasn't come out since.

I don't want to say thats the cause, as even if that was in you it wouldn't shock you due too the pickups not making enough voltage; I wear a watch or ring occasionally when I play and have had no issues. And are you playing bareful or anything on a floor? Any electronics or wires loose in contact with said floor?
#7
Is the guitar new, modded or anything?
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
#9
It's a ghost. Your guitar requires an exorcism.

*Grabs vial of holy water*

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!

EDIT: So this isn't spam, it seems like it's the grounding. Check that. If you don't know how to fix it, take your guitar to a tech.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Last edited by SOADrox429 at Nov 19, 2007,
#11
Quote by SOADrox429
It's a ghost. Your guitar requires an exorcism.

*Grabs vial of holy water*

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!

EDIT: So this isn't spam, it seems like it's the grounding. Check that. If you don't know how to fix it, take your guitar to a tech.



yes
#12
ok its definitely something in my wrist cause it just happened on my acoustic.i'll ask my doctor or something.
#13
Quote by The_Crumpet
ok its definitely something in my wrist cause it just happened on my acoustic.i'll ask my doctor or something.


Freaky. Time to call Doctor House.
#14
lol dont worrie about it, my friends strat and my strat rip off would always shock me, just use it to wake you up
#15
*Clears throat* Ahem!
Quote by SOADrox429
It's a ghost. Your guitar requires an exorcism.

*Grabs vial of holy water*

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!

EDIT: So this isn't spam, it seems like it's the grounding. Check that. If you don't know how to fix it, take your guitar to a tech.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
#17
I fail to understand why you didnt get that lump of iron surgically removed when it went in.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland


Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
#18
That happened at the place where I take lessons. It happened when I would plug something else into the outlet. If there's anything else plugged in the same outlet unplug it and then try.