I'm sure this has been covered before, but i cant find anything on search..

has anyone tried to put burstbuckers in the SG standard?

is the value going to depreciate if changing out the original pickups, even if it is an upgrade?
I think that anything with the official Gibson seal of approval is said that it will not decrease the value of the guitar.

If you want the real thing, look for Gibson's Genuine Replacement Parts on the red card with the gold "Genuine Gibson Parts" sunburst sticker. When you see this sticker you know that you are buying Genuine Gibson Parts. With Genuine Gibson Parts your guitar will be historically correct and retain its value now and in the future.
I think no matter what pickups you put in, so long as there top quality, it wont devalue a guitar. It might narrow down your potential customers when you come to move it on though. If you do strip the originals out, keep em and just put em back in if you do sell it.
it will devalue it, anything, even if it has the gibson seal of approval because its not original anymore, not from the factory, it was put in by an average joe, who's to vouche for the quality? whereas gibson have the warranty, which is why its valuable.
I wasn't very impressed by the burstbuckers.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
I wasn't very impressed by the burstbuckers.

I agree, go with Bare Knuckles, there lovely.