IMO and in my limited knowledge, the american standards and deluxe series of fenders have to be the best guitars. i mean, not for metal of course, but for about everything else.
for those who disagree, what guitar do you think is best in this price range?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
this has been done before.
Use the search bar
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
i dont think strats are as versatile as there made out to be, i mean yeah cool guitar for pop rock n clapton n stuff, but i dont see anyone pulling off ripping harmonics or anything either, in my opinion if ur looking for the best all round guitar, u cant go past a les paul
Quote by TMVolta19
this has been done before.
Use the search bar

ahh thats no fun! :P but yea im not rly looking for like information, i kno wat i think, i just thot itd be fun to ask
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Take a wild guess as to what I'm going to say?

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by grindcore kid
i dont think strats are as versatile as there made out to be, i mean yeah cool guitar for pop rock n clapton n stuff, but i dont see anyone pulling off ripping harmonics or anything either, in my opinion if ur looking for the best all round guitar, u cant go past a les paul

ah yea, true, but can you find a les paul at the quality of an american for the same price? i kno theres the studio, how does that compare you think?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by FacingUsAll
Take a wild guess as to what I'm going to say?

hmmm idk, cant possibly be a CARVIN T-BOLT now can it? lol
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
That other guy talked about les pauls being superior.. This one is in the same price range as the deluxe http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517030
Edit: Doh! a lot of posts happened between me lookin it up and acutally postin this lol.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by bored_maniac33
hmmm idk, cant possibly be a CARVIN T-BOLT now can it? lol

Seriously though.

Such a good deal.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll

Seriously though.

Such a good deal.

if i werent so paranoid, i would probly be getting one of those, but man, its scary not being able to actually see one before you buy it you kno? i mean vive spent ours with the strats im lookin at
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
ah yea, true, but can you find a les paul at the quality of an american for the same price? i kno theres the studio, how does that compare you think?

edwards les paul.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Hey bored_maniac33, I know you can't be considering a Les Paul when it clearly says you're a "stratocaster lover" in your sig
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by SoccerRM1
Hey bored_maniac33, I know you can't be considering a Les Paul when it clearly says you're a "stratocaster lover" in your sig

lol im not, they are still great instruments, i can love both :P i just love strats better
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by grindcore kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jaRipA5_M
^thats a vintage 57' strat too, 7.5' radius!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP1v8uHaSTA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU84qfAUc6Q&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC4qhD8BOk0&feature=related

People are playing strats everywhere for all genres of music. you just need to look.