Hey I just wondered what kind of strings I should put on my shredding guitar. I have 08-32 but I heard the action can't be very low with smaller gauge... I don't know what to think.

Plz help me!
E. B. skinny top heavy bottom. they are the ****. and cause they are a little bit thicker than normal strings you can have a really low action. they go from 52-10 so you get the good shredding strings and some really good bottom-end chords.
I use .10's and I do just fine...my g/f's acoustic is .12 (as usual w/ acoustics) and I can rip it out on that too, but I guess, mathamatically, that lower guaged strings are theoretically better
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
i like the DR black stallions because of the coating.
10's.
OLiNOLiN

Quote by Napalmdeth

bassists are not people

Quote by figsandbobo
Sometimes I stick my penis in the hole in the center of the CDs.

go with .09's or .10's if you go any thinner youl break strings more often
The Conservative youth of America!
I don't think it makes that much of a difference. Strings don't make you a good player, but if you're already great they might give you a slight advantage.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
If you really want to shred I suggest you use Razor wire.

Seriously though, string brand and gauge is all down to personal preference; Malmsteen uses .08s tuned to Eb, whereas if I find .09s tuned to normal E to be about my limit as far as thin goes, I prefer using 11s dropped 2 steps down (C standard)
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Ernie Ball Not-Even-Slinkys. I swear by them for all my fast stuff. They work even better when the action is set to about half an inch.
I like thick strings. Not ridiculously thick, but like .11's or .12's are perfect. That way, when I press down on a string, it goes down, and not all side to side like thin strings do. I also think they give a better sound.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
8-32?? Damn, I think Tony Iommi uses thicker strings than you do.

But just try some different guages, and see what you like. Personally, I dislike using anything other than 10's, but that's just what I like.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
I like 09-46 sets. Imo DR Tite-fits are the best out there-they sound awesome and last ages too. If you want heavier bottom strings DR do a set of Dimebag signature strings that go 09-50.
For the guy that said i'd break strings more often i'd like to say the last string i broke was 2 years ago on a guitar that was not mine lol!
Thank you for the replies, I have another question how 11-50 would feel tuned 1 step down in comparison with 8-32?
whats so bad about superslinkies. (Unless you guys were serious) I use em all the time they're fine for me, I have the 10's and the action set hella low its real nice
Quote by DarK666SiM
For the guy that said i'd break strings more often i'd like to say the last string i broke was 2 years ago on a guitar that was not mine lol!
Thank you for the replies, I have another question how 11-50 would feel tuned 1 step down in comparison with 8-32?

Like steel cabling to begin with! But give it a week and it'll be fine
And would playing with thicker strings and with lighter strings after improve your playing? Or just make it harder?
.008 Rotosounds!
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by DarK666SiM
And would playing with thicker strings and with lighter strings after improve your playing? Or just make it harder?

I wouldn't worry too much about that mate. Just find a gauge you like, and stick with it. Using something a little heavier than 8's might be a good idea. You'll have more control over your picking and bending.