ok....i kno this has probly been done be4 but i have some hw to do, so i cant rly look anything up right now but.....

carvin bolt vs american fender??

which si better?? im rly scared of the whole idea that i wont kno anything about how it feels until it gets here, but how do they compare? are they worth the risk??

DANG YOU FacingUsAll!!!!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Dude you posted the very same thread 2 days ago. Go play them, we can't tell you which is better for you.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison

I've never played a lemon Carvin; I've played quite a few MIA lemons.

It's custom made for you! And it's cheaper!

No contest, in my opinion.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Dude you posted the very same thread 2 days ago. Go play them, we can't tell you which is better for you.

no i didnt....ive never asked about carvins...like at all. i asked about fender deluxes. and i ahev played them
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
ok....i kno this has probly been done be4 but i have some hw to do, so i cant rly look anything up right now but.....

carvin bolt vs american fender??

which si better?? im rly scared of the whole idea that i wont kno anything about how it feels until it gets here, but how do they compare? are they worth the risk??

DANG YOU FacingUsAll!!!!

Spell check?

Try them out for yourself.
Quote by pinkhaze29
Spell check?

Try them out for yourself.

yea, i typed that fast

umm yea, i cant do that....thats why im on here. stores dont generally have carvins just sitting around, at least, not around here they dont
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
^ and if they did, they wouldn't have them for long, and with good reason. Carvin = awesomeness.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
You really can't go wrong with a carvin. Great guitars.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Carvin, hands down. I know what you mean about not being able to find a carvin in a store to actually play, but I've never met a carvin owner who didn't like the carvin he owned. Plus there's the whole custom thing, so you get the exact guitar you want.

Go for the carvin.
"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
-Kurt Vonnegut
How are the Carvin Pickups? good for classic rock/metal?

EDIT: so I don't hijack this thread, Carvin all the way, even if you dont play them first, the finish is beautiful, they play great, and custom made too.
Last edited by Grimpenguin at Nov 19, 2007,
My heart would so go Fender....but the Carvins are much nicer guitars!
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by Grimpenguin
How are the Carvin Pickups? good for classic rock/metal?

EDIT: so I don't hijack this thread, Carvin all the way, even if you dont play them first, the finish is beautiful, they play great, and custom made too.

The M22SD is pretty suited for higher gain situations.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
get the carvin man,trust me the neck is incredible!!the neck isnt ibanez thin but it has its own awesome feel!!!i have one its great my next guitar will definitely be a carvin bolt on,cherry sunburst,cream/vintage pickguard,cream hsss pickup configuration,maple neck with black dot inlays,black hardware mmmmmmmmm carvin
The last time he posted this thread, everyone said fender for sure, by like a 90% majority.

That goes to show that chance is always a factor. You need to play them. You could play a crappy squier and a several thousand dollar les paul and like the feel of the fender's body or neck better.

Its all your choice.

Now make up your mind man, UG can only help you so much.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
People who'd take an MIA Fender over a Carvin need to play a Carvin .
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
People who'd take an MIA Fender over a Carvin need to play a Carvin .

Hah, I almost want to call this true but Fenders have their own feel to them that I love.

I just love carvin's more!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yes believe me the neck is incredible man!!!!plus the carvin gets more customization and more color choices and etc.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
The last time he posted this thread, everyone said fender for sure, by like a 90% majority.

That goes to show that chance is always a factor. You need to play them. You could play a crappy squier and a several thousand dollar les paul and like the feel of the fender's body or neck better.

Its all your choice.

Now make up your mind man, UG can only help you so much.

ONCE AGAIN! i have never psoted a thread about carvin!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

and UG is kinda my only help besides reading reviews off the internet in this situation
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I'm interested...which neck size should he go for. What would be a neck closest to a Fender? The 14" radius?
Quote by Fast_Fingers
I'm interested...which neck size should he go for. What would be a neck closest to a Fender? The 14" radius?

actualy for americans the 10" radius would be closest
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Older fenders have a rounder radius; I've seen newer ones with 12 I believe.
Quote by utsapp89
Well I have both a Carvin (not a bolt, a DC135 I got used for $200) and a MIM Fender. The Carvin has had a lot of stuff done to it- custom wiring, all Seymour Duncan pups. It's black with a 24 fret maple neck.

And I'm going to go against everybody else in this thread and say that I like the sound and feel of my Fender more than the sound and feel of the Carvin.
Well yeah you didn't get it customized for you
Quote by utsapp89
Living close to the Carvin factory, i have had the luxury of playing both. After playing a Carvin i knew what the "perfect instrument" sounded and felt like. They play amazingly and look outstanding. I have to say id prefer Carvin over fender, but both produce a different sound. So its really up to what you are looking for.
^^I realize that. But if I plug in my Carvin on the neck single and compare it to the neck single of my Fender, I find the tone of the Fender far superior.
Go with what ya like man......thats all i can say. Play both till your fingers bleed. After awhile one might feel more "normal" than the other.