I've really been wanting a fuzz pedal recently to play my own music. I want a very modern voiced, over-the-top, insane sounding fuzz. I'll be using it to play mostly lead guitar. I don't care if it's digital or anolog, as long as it's true-bypass. I don't want to spend anything over $200 (US) which is 136 Euros, about 100 Pounds, about 130 Australian dollars, and about 200 Canadian (just to help you guys help me ).

Now, I don't want to spend more than that, because I originally wanted to spend only $150, but I'm the kind of person who says, "$150..? Might as well spend $160, or maybe $170..." So $200 is my max.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'd prefer I be able to try before buying. But if I can't it's no big deal.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Last edited by kosmic at Nov 19, 2007,
Zvex fuzz factory is pretty tight, i got to mess with one for 40 minutes or so and got some pleasent sounds outta it as well as some really funky ones.

The red witch fuzz god is also highly reccomended, but i haven't played one. (Now TehJermie can't be an asshole and accuse me of "name dropping"). Look them up, listen to soundclips, etc.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by kosmic
I want a very modern voiced, over-the-top, insane sounding fuzz.

I'd definitely suggest the Z. Vex Vexter Fuzz Factory. It's completely over the top to the point of being difficult to tame. Every knob on the thing (and there are five of them) can be twisted to the point of exploding your amplifier. It's capable of vintage fuzz (it uses germanium transistors), but it's tweakable to get absolute insanity. A lot of fun.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Which one? There are two on ZVex's website.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot, they're both the same thing but with different finishes. The plain silver one is cheaper. Thanks for the help.
Any other suggestions?
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Last edited by kosmic at Nov 19, 2007,
Bump. Any other suggestions?
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Quote by Fatso Forgottso
ZVex Fuzz Factory is supposed to be bananas.

it is bananas to the core my friend owns one its insane.
Seriously, everyone, including me, is going to suggest the zVex Fuzz Factory. It's simply the best fuzz you can get for rediculous, over the top action.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I love my Fuzz Factory, it's incredible. Only thing is, it has a learning curve like a NASA control room, so for the first hour or so you'll be utterly confused as to how the thing works. After you get the hang of it though, you can get some serious tone out of it.
Ibanez ARX 320 With Duncan Jazz/Custom pickups
Ibanez Les Paul '77 w/ 70's Dimarzio pickup
Fender/Warmoth Custom Shop Strat
Bill Lawrence Swampkaster with EMG active tele pickups
Carvin Stagemaster 212
Fender Blues Deluxe
'74 Carvin ST2400 Head
im sure homebrew electronics(HBE) do a fuzz for a round $200...
and if the fuzz is anything like the big d pedal, it'll be the best box in the universe
Wow, looking at your post i just realised the aus dollar was higher than the US. [can finally afford pedal]

Anyways, The zvex fuzz is an awsome pedal. My local shop prices it at 189 AU but i reckon if you shopped around a bit you could get one for 200-230 US
lol 200 US is not 130 AUD its more like 230 which is what i think he meant

even then that is not a good price indicator giving how much we get ripped off
Alright, thanks for the help guys.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...