So I will be using the line/phone jack on my ME-50 to go into my computer for recording and such. I will also be using a keyboard for midi and recording. I am debating between a PCI card like the m-audio audiophile or a USB interface like the TASCAM US 144 or Alesis IO2.

Thanks for the help guys.
USB interfaces are more interchangeable.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
another question how much better quality will I get with these devices than with my integrated sound card line in.
It might sound ok through the ME50.

Try it right now?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I'd prefer USB, in case I want to record with my laptop, or another PC, just in case my DAW goes down or something, you know what I mean? It's a lot less hassle to use a USB interface, as opposed to opening up another pc and adding a PCI card, then drivers, and so on.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
nothing beats starting out with USB IMO. you can always have it around later if you want something for a laptop. that said, i would think that a lot of the pci stuff is probably higher quality. or at least the high end stuff comes only in pci (or pcmcia). i love having the ability to use my usb interface with any computer, but having the power and connectivitity of a higher end interface means ill probably get something that is permanant at some point in the future.

also, ill move this to R&R
I would definitely go with USB, because then you can use it with a laptop, or on the move if you ever need to. I have the Alesis one you mentioned, and its pretty good, works well for me anyway.
There is poetry in despair.