so i jsut got home from lessons, and i realized have a really hard time going below a standard box shape for scales and stuff.

eg

G|------------4-6-7-6-4------------|#1
D|-----4-5-7-------------7-5-4-----|
A|5-7----------------------------7-5|
E|-------------------------------------|

easy as pie right?

(i dont have a problem going another octave above)

G|7-6-4-----------------------------|#2
D|--------7-5-4---------------------|
A|----------------7-5-4-2-----------|
E|--------------------------5-3-2-0-|

for some reason my head could simply not wrap around the shape of going blow that octave like in number 2 there..... and to my ears not ending on the root sounds very un finished.

did n e 1 else have this problem?

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
To me, boxes are an important thing in the path of any bass player, but after awhile you should start to learn scales up and down the strings. It gets you out of playing your stock riffs, and opens up the ideas you can think of. As for your problem, I don't know. Maybe you should just practise. As for resolution, of course not. But, the point isn't to resolve, it's to practise your scales. If you really want it to resolve, go back up to the root once you hit the bottom.
Yes, lol, I am going thru similar pains in my improv / theory class. One trick is to stop thinking about shapes and start thinking about notes and intervals instead. And practice your scales across the four strings at first and then up and down the frets as well. And don't always start the scale on the root, as well as working it up and down from the root.

And Orlando's right, this is key to learning to play great improvised lines on the fly and make them sound original and inventive.
Quote by anarkee
And Orlando's right, this is key to learning to play great improvised lines on the fly and make them sound original and inventive.

Woah, those are few and far between. I'm going to bask in this moment!
This could take awhile...