for both guitar and amp. Its my granddad buying me this for my report card and thats the limit. So yea what do you suggest? Im new to guitar so yea I know nothing. I dont want loudness just tone.
What do you want to play?

Roland Microcube or Vox DA5 for an amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I love the devil wears prada but I also love chiodos, so post hardcore to metal? lol So I guess for tone good distortion but also a good clean channel.
i would spend more money on the guitar than the amp. if you get a guitar thats really hard to play you might give it up. as far as the amp you really only NEED a little amp to make noise seeing as you wont be doing performances or anything with it. or you could put in some of your own money with the 350 and get something better. you could get one of the epiphone or fender starter packs. it comes with amp, guitar, cable, etc. or if you can get a little more money, i got my mexican stratocaster for 300. then you could get like a small 15 watt amp.
My gear:
gibson sg
fender stratocaster
vox AD30
crybaby wah
behringer has some decent amps around 100 bucks. The ESP H-50 Electric Guitar is usually around 150 to 200, also Epiphone has some decent guitars around 200 to 300.

Just stay away from squire guitars, and cheap fender/squire amps and you will do fine!
Quote by Pg.inc_music
behringer has some decent amps around 100 bucks. The ESP H-50 Electric Guitar is usually around 150 to 200, also Epiphone has some decent guitars around 200 to 300.

Just stay away from squire guitars, and cheap fender/squire amps and you will do fine!

my squier guitar begs to differ. its rippin as hell.
Squier affinity HSS strat, plus a Roland Cube 30x, and cables.