On the market finally for an amp. Have the cash, just need the stash.

Basicly, Im in two bands. A not so serious rock band, and a serious metal band. So Im going pretty hi-gain here.

I decided to run the v2 against the 6505 because I was at Machine Head last night (Serious pwnage went on my friends) and the supporting act "Evile" were using v2's and their tone was just killer.

Other than seeing them use it and hearing it there I didnt hear much about it. Its 250euro more expensive that the 6505 so it has to be doing something right?
Just wondering your opinons on it?

Also for an extra 2-300euro I could fetch a soldano SLO100. I know how amazing they are but Im talking downtuned melodic thrash music.

cheerios.
I would say go 6505! In long term situations I have heard nothing but complaints about randalls. And the 6505 is a legend, I figure stick with the tried and true amp, and ditch the wimp amp.
Well i've played a lot of Randalls....and to be honest I never had a problem with any of them! Tone was indeed killer....but im afraid that the 6505 just kicked ass a lot more than the V2.

BTW, False_God, check the comment I left on your profile.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
SLO SLO SLO!!!

Unless it's a fake (which might be).

EDIT: how much is the SLO in Europe?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
SLO SLO SLO!!!

Unless it's a fake (which might be).

EDIT: how much is the SLO in Europe?

Wayyyy more than here. Im from the US, but I know how much the SLO costs over there. Its not an option.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
The SLO would deffinately be the best, but out of those two, the 6505/5150 wins hands down.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well the 6505 was always gonna be ahead at the start but Im just wondering have any of ye played the v2?
If you can stretch to the SLO, then get it. It's an absolutely jaw-dropping amp.

If it's between the Peavey and the Randall, then go for the Peavey. I heard some guys playing through the V2 at the local guitar shop, and it just didn't have the balls of the 5150/6505.

EDIT: Hearing the guys from SikTh play through 6505's makes me want to go out and buy a 5150 again. It just sounds so massive yet defined. There's a video here if you're interested.
Last edited by Nolly at Nov 20, 2007,
^yeah thats very true.

The more I think of it the more I realise the Randall is more of a thrash amp. Pretty bright and quiet mid based.

So I might just play it safe and go 6505.
Would the Fireball be another option to throw in?

Its actually cheaper than the 6505
Yeah Fireball is...well...different- you'd have to try it to see if you prefer it to the 6505, but apparently it's a v. nice amp.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
fireball way better than 6505 not even close, especially if you can get it for cheaper. ive never played a V2 but I have heard two of them very recently at gigs and i felt they sound just like a real good solid state amp, didnt really have the tube awsomeness tone. but, then again it could have been the players/settings. The players i saw werent the greatest and the cab the one was using was pretty bad. but ive never actually played one.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
The Peavey has better low end Teh Br00talz-crunch, from my own experiences, but the fireball is better in practicly everything else
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Even rock crunch?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Yngwi3
Yeah Fireball is...well...different- you'd have to try it to see if you prefer it to the 6505, but apparently it's a v. nice amp.

Hm. not sure I would be able to try it out tho. because they dont have them stocked in the local shop where they normally have them!

But none the less I will look!
I actually preferred the Powerball over the Fireball to be honest, it seemed more focussed. The extra channels give you a bit more versatility as well. As people have said, it's quite a different sound to the 5150: far brighter, and tighter low end. None of the youtube videos I've seen of the Powerball do it justice however so don't rely on them if you can't try it out