I found it kind of funy that I couldn't find a thread on him anywhere when he's one of the greatest voices of his time. So I figured I'd make one, he's one of my personal favorites, he's so soulful and bluesy. After watching him on the woodstock DVD I can't get over the way he looks on stage either what does everyone else think?
you should watch him doing "Come Together" in Across the Universe, or at least buy the song its good
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
yeah i want to go and see him live because he is coming to where i live in australia, but im not sure if i will go or not im not really a big fan of all of his song, I really like the help from my friends song, even though it is a cover it still sounds completely different because he has added his touch of soul to it
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
you should watch him doing "Come Together" in Across the Universe, or at least buy the song its good

Oh, so that was him. Anyways, I've only heard a couple of his songs, but I really like his voice.
I think he's a great singer, but the quality of the actual songs isn't always what I'd like. Just my opinion.

But, he did play with Leon Russell, which is always cool
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Breakfast_Rock
"Mad Dogs & Englishmen" = kickass live album

Damn straight.
I just listened to it recently and I've got to say, it's a fantastic record.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

It looks like he's having an epileptic shock every time he's on stage

The man can sing though.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
It looks like he's having an epileptic shock every time he's on stage

The man can sing though.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
he used to be my favorite singer, but then i started listening to ray charles. Joe Cocker has a very ray-like singing style, but, no one does it quite like ray.
I love him, but I like his covers more than his originals. Heard it through the grapevine, feelin' alright and his Beatles covers are Ace. I also LOVE you can leave your hat on.
he's freaking awesome.

'With a Little Help From My Friends' that he does is freaking tight.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard