ok so my mom always gets me some big thing for christmas. two years ago it was a squier strat pack (XP) and last year it was my ibanez rg () but this year, i want the peavey windsor half stack. What is your impression on this amp? (puts up anti-flame shield)
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Good at higher gainage stuff; not so good at clean stuff.

Why would you get flamed?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Nice amp. Good bit of gain. Really don't have any cleans to speak of.

A used 5150 would probably be a better choice though if you can go used, since you're looking at the Windsor. I have one for sale!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ It's not the same thing though, the voicing is different, it's SE Class A, it's clearly meant for lower gain stuff and it isn't even out yet. The head is awesome, gets that hot-rod JCM800 tone, but without any cleans...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Look at the combo, halfstacks are a bitch to handle.

only if youre a bitch to begin with.
Lol, i just thought ppl would hate it or sumthin. And im cartin around a big ass bass amp for practice thats older than me (im only 16) it sit in my back seat all day and night cuz im too lazy to get it out every night i have practice. i can handle a tube head and a cabinet. plus, cabs arent has heavy as a combo amp of its size.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:

Pedals :
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
If you are playing like classic rock and similar stuff to that, the Windsor will do just fine. If heavier, look into a used 5150 or 6505.
It'd be fine. I'd get a different cab though.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

^I got the windsor head with a jsx cab and it sounded nice when i first plugged into it
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:

Pedals :
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby