Lots of people wouldn't really know this, but contemporary gospel music is some pretty awesome music to listen to. Lots of the sickest musicians I've heard are playing on the gospel scene these days. I'm not even a Christian myself. I'm actually a Muslim, but I find the way that modern gospel blends elements of jazz, funk, neo and old school soul, Rock, Classical and Latin music, all while trying to give people spiritual fulfillment so awesome that I am employed as the happy guitarist at one seriously funky gospel church. I just thought It'd be cool to try and start a thread on the matter and see how many other UG-ers out there find joy in "puttin some stank on it" in the name of Jesus. Anyone out there?

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists
right here bro, in the worship band at my church. rocking the bass. its soo awesome. there are some songs that if you just took out the workds and just played intrumentals everyone would dig it regardless of religion.

plus when we write songs like who would ever think to have slap and pop in christain music. its just amazing
Happiness is like peeing your pants

everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth
are you guys getting ready for any special christmas concert yet? we are doing this Christmas project called Great Joy: A Gospel Christmas (I'm not sure who its by), and some songs from Israel & New Breed's Christmas Project. We're doing a Live recording of it and it might be broadcasted locally. It's going to be so awesome...

dude that sounds really cool, no im actually in the youth band cause im only 15 and we have monthly youth services.

and right now we are just focussing on learning songs that people of our church like and then playing that to attract more people then we will start bringing in newer stuff and eventually original material

Man You should check out our Bassist. He's a beast and he's been to Berkelee. This is just an instrumental recording, but we named it after our church. I don't know if myspace links are allowed here, but : www.myspace.com/arabgotsoul

Give it a listen when you've got some time. It's not really a serious composition or rehearsed piece. It was just kind of a spontaneous "Let's record something" thing. But anyway, our bassist is the best bassist I've ever met. Give him a listen.

dude im liking it a lot,
does he play a six string bass?
im playing one of those and i love it.
you have such a wide range of sound and the things i can do with this i couldnt with my four string is a gigantic step up