Page 1 of 2
you write something awesome on guitar, then your listening to music, and its a new band for the first time and you hear the exact thing that they wrote is what you wrote? well it happened to me, i wrote this awesome little metal riff. And i decided to listen to "The Devil Wears Prada" and the song "dogscangrowbeardsallover" and the intro riff is exactly what i wrote :/ pissed.

Quote by dumps

...erm lets see...what did i do... you know the holes in the side of shoe boxes? i put my flaccid dick in one, then started to get a hardon, and the box got stuck on my dick, i had to tear it off (the box, not my penis.)
I figured out this neat-o little riff when I was starting out. I found out later that blink-182 uses it in like every single one of their songs.
Nope, it has never happened to me.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I wrote the beginning arpeggios for Anaesthesia. It was crazy, I don't even remember hearing the song, like I wouldve heard it years before, but i never knew the name or that it was by Metallica. Crazy
i cant tell if your being sarcastic with the nothing else matters comment.
Quote by dumps

...erm lets see...what did i do... you know the holes in the side of shoe boxes? i put my flaccid dick in one, then started to get a hardon, and the box got stuck on my dick, i had to tear it off (the box, not my penis.)
Quote by AllwoodGuitars
i cant tell if your being sarcastic with the nothing else matters comment.

Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
You know that song Under The Bridge. Yeah, I wrote the intro to that song.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Apparently, I came up with something that sounding a lot like Wonderboy.

Which was weird cause I didn't know it 'til a friend told me....
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
I came up with a riff and it turned out to be the song "Youseda Serchbarre" by some swedish band.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
The Devil Wears Prada? I mean, come on. Metal is getting ridiculous today. How can you be taken seriously with something that's named after a movie? Or a type of clothing (or whatever Prada is...isn't that a purse?)
My band had a riff that was actually pretty cool, it had a lot of groove but speed to it too, kind of like somewhere between Metallica and Pantera. Then I heard some ****ty emo band used the riff, and I heard the song. It wasn't even using the riff for what it was intended. It's like using the intro to Master of Puppets to start a country song, it doesn't make sense!
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
I know a nearby band that wrote a song with an intro exactly like Unholy Confessions by A7X, but before Sounding the Seventh Trumpet had even come out. The rest of the song was pretty different, but that intro was nearly note for note.

I wrote something inadvertently like the Crazy Train intro though.
Once, I was jammin, and I was like "THis could be awsome! IT sounds like Metallica!"

It was. Main riff to "For WHom the Bell Tolls"

My dreams were shattered
My Gear:

Umm....

Please donate to Bighall's Gear fund!

Proud Defender of My Faith!
Member of Christan Guitarists!
Yea, this one time I wrote the entire album St. Anger, but everything was a half step higher.

I considered publishing it, but then I'd put those lazy bastards to shame.
I remember actually playing this riff that sounded really great. Then I went out and bought the new Despised Icon and heard a riff very similar. I was like aww.
Quote by AllwoodGuitars
you write something awesome on guitar, then your listening to music, and its a new band for the first time and you hear the exact thing that they wrote is what you wrote? well it happened to me, i wrote this awesome little metal riff. And i decided to listen to "The Devil Wears Prada" and the song "dogscangrowbeardsallover" and the intro riff is exactly what i wrote :/ pissed.

thats because every "awesome metal riff" is exactly the same.

*preps flame shield*
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
I keep writing Children of Bodom riffs by accident. I listen to them way too much....
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by IdealistMotives
The Devil Wears Prada? I mean, come on. Metal is getting ridiculous today. How can you be taken seriously with something that's named after a movie? Or a type of clothing (or whatever Prada is...isn't that a purse?)

They were a band long before the movie. One of their mothers or someone read the book, they read the book, and since they are a slightly Christian band the name represents the unnecessary vanity in materialistic things.

... my buddy absolutely loves them and told me all this lol.

ON TOPIC: yes it sucks, but i do it alot less now that I have my own style and a ****load more knowledge/command than i did before. I used to play things like crazy train, iron man, and raining blood before I really ever even KNEW black sabbath or slayer, never mind which song they were from (but with those, I knew the riffs weren't mine).
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by misfitsdisciple
thats because every "awesome metal riff" is exactly the same.

*preps flame shield*

kind of like punk...
Quote by Kevin97220
kind of like punk...

kind of like beating a dead horse.

dumb joke killer.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
kind of like beating a dead horse.

dumb joke killer.

ok...
I don't get what you're saying. what joke? I was being serious.
you are also the reason why i think everyone are idiots. you don't understand a joke.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by Kevin97220
ok...
I don't get what you're saying. what joke? I was being serious.

Punk is teh pwnzors!!1! n00b
A lot of time when I'm having a hard time writing original stuff, I'll still write stuff but it's usually crap that sounds way too much like whatever band I've been listening to recently. I always just try to be creative and if someone else already came up with the same idea, kudos to them for doing it first.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
you are also the reason why i think everyone are idiots. you don't understand a joke.

how can i not understand a joke when I was infact playing a joke on you?

I meant it in a light manner, you took it to heart.
I knew your post was a joke. jesus ****
oh yea don't call me an idiot seriously don't

Quote by stratguy335
Punk is teh pwnzors!!1! n00b

yea I know it is. but look at your join date than look at mine, then gtfo.
Quote by Kevin97220
how can i not understand a joke when I was infact playing a joke on you?

I meant it in a light manner, you took it to heart.
I knew your post was a joke. jesus ****
oh yea don't call me an idiot seriously don't

oh man you so cerialz now. idiot.

Quote by slap-a-bass
from now on..all music will start repeating!! every riff anyone creates on the guitar will have been already made

WERE DOOMED WITH REPETITIOUS MUSIC!!!

except tool...tool is too good to repeat

This happened a while ago.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
ouch hurt my feelings, i'm gunna go scheme against you, in my creative threatening manner. idiot.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by misfitsdisciple
ouch hurt my feelings, i'm gunna go scheme against you, in my creative threatening manner. idiot.

haha go do that. aren't older than me? lol douche
sure i am youngin. learn sarcasm. idiot.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by misfitsdisciple
sure i am youngin. learn sarcasm. idiot.

I knew you were being sarcastic.idiot.
pm me tomorrow I have to go to sleep now.
very fun
Last edited by Kevin97220 at Nov 20, 2007,
past your bed time i see. nighty night don't let the bugs bite.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Page 1 of 2