Hey Guys.

I've been playing about 3 years, and I've ALWAYS had the problem with string noise. Sure, it's gotten way better since I started, but I can't seem to shut it out completely.

Whenever I play any songs that require alternate picking on the low E string, I always get a bit of a scratchy noise. I try playing really slow, and my palm isn't rubbing....

If I go ahead and play ANYTHING else, it's fine. That damn low E string keeps causing me grief.

When playing standing, what type of angle does everyone have their hand to the guitar strings? Zakk Wylde style parallel? or at a bit of an angle? I always try to hit my pick COMPLETELY straight on with the strings, but for some reason, no matter how I change my hand position or pick position, it keeps messing up.

Anyone else have this problem?

(could it be the spider amp? HAHAHAHA)
It might be your action. If you play the string when its open, does it still buzz?If so, then heighten the action on the side of the guitar. If its not that, it might be a dodgy guitar. Look at the guitar sideways, as though you were looking at how far the strings are from the fretboard. Move your finger from fret to fret and see if at any point the string touches the next fret. If so, then it is a problem with low action. Try these out and see what happens.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
Quote by apalm
It might be your action. If you play the string when its open, does it still buzz?If so, then heighten the action on the side of the guitar. If its not that, it might be a dodgy guitar. Look at the guitar sideways, as though you were looking at how far the strings are from the fretboard. Move your finger from fret to fret and see if at any point the string touches the next fret. If so, then it is a problem with low action. Try these out and see what happens.

Do you mean "Intonation"?

The strings aren't buzzing on any frets.

I find, that when I palm mute, if I also put my left (fret hand) gently on the strings around the 4th fret and mute them, I get a nice clean palm mute. This way I don't get any string noise or scratchy swiping noises.

Do lots of people do this during P.M.?