could you get drunk by breathing in the vapors if say, you boiled vodka? i was just wondering because, you can get drunk in a sauna really easy if you just pour a couple shots on the hot rocks....
I highly doubt it. And, I want to try that sauna thing.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Haha...talk about a good prank to pull on a sober friend...

Well, I wouldn't know, but if what you say is true about that sauna thing...then I suppose boiling would have the same effect.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Wierd, I was always under the impression that the H2O was the only thing that turned to gas when you boil water with other stuff mixed in.

[edit]

Wait, I misunderstood, you were talking about just boiling the straight alchohol on the rocks. Wouldn't it catch on fire?
I doubt it. You might get a little of it but for the most part, the alcohol would probably stay in the pot you boiled it in, the raw liquid would evaporate and carry barely any of the alcohol up.

You'd probly get some of the vodka, but very little of the buzz.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
the joint idea sounds awesome. hot box a freaking sauna. u might forget to come out and just die lol
Quote by Ishiga
I doubt it. You might get a little of it but for the most part, the alcohol would probably stay in the pot you boiled it in, the raw liquid would evaporate and carry barely any of the alcohol up.

You'd probly get some of the vodka, but very little of the buzz.

You're wrong. the alchohol boils first, leaving just alchohol in the air. the only problem is that you're now suffocating due to lack of oxygen
Try it and find out.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
if you boil the vodka at the temp. at which ALCOHOL evaporates its theoritcally possible.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
boils at bout 78 C and it will probably effect you because it will enter your bloodstream through your lungs because you are breathing it in
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
I watched a video on these college kids adding dry ice to a bottle of something. They said that the dry ice and the alcohol mixes and the gases that are produced are alcoholic. They said you could breathe them in, directly into your blood stream. BS or orly?
not directly to your bloodstream, but it is faster than drinking. drinking is into your stomach to be digested. if you breathe in the alcoholic vapours, that is absorbed into your lungs, which transfers oxygen and w/e else you breathe in into your blood. so not directly, because you arent putting an IV of alcohol into your arm, but it is a fast way to get it in your bloodstream
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Damn, I'm going to try the sauna thing someday, 'cause we have one. If that works that's pretty freaking sweet 'cause your breath won't smell of alchohol, and if you take a shower after, neither will your body!
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
Convincing a straight-edge naive sober friend they're drunk might be kind of fun.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
...thats what happens when you boil things
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

Ohkay they is a way to do it but not withthe sauna, they called it vapours when i lived in the UK, you need:
Spirits [Aftershock does it probally the best]
1 shot glass
1 pint glass
Lighter
Straw
Plate
Elastic band
&& a napkin.

Fill the shot glass, sit it on the plate, light the spirits and place pint glass upside down over the shot glass, after a while the fumes from the shot will build up, may not be easily seen though.
Get the napkin and as you remove the pint glass stick the napkin over the top of it and attach it with the elastic band.

[Blow out the shot and drink it, purely cause its there and you can]

Then finally pierce the napkin with the straw and suck as quickly and as much as you can.
This isnt garunteed for everyone and not just one is going to get you pissed but ive been it done and put people on there arse.

Just thought you should know.
Quote by dustinp
You're wrong. the alchohol boils first, leaving just alchohol in the air. the only problem is that you're now suffocating due to lack of oxygen

I'm more worried about the insanely high amount of ethanol in the air before the oxygen level is low enough for suffocation...Though I don't know whether the lung can absorb it at a fast enough rate for it to be lethal.
as for lighting the shot on fire, does it have to have certain requirements? like how high a concentration of alcohol or w/e?
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell