Right now i have a marshall mg 15 cdr and a epi les paul standard, i play lots of classic rock like led zeppelin and ac/dc, I also play metalicca and some more hard rock, i also play stuff like jazz and blues but really a lot of classic rock
for christmas im think about getting a Vox Valvetronix and a Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal and a cry baby wah,
is this smart
any suggestions
Go for the Vox Valvetronix XL series and you won't need the distortion pedal. Otherwise, yeah, it's a great upgrade from what you have.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Don't buy a pedal if you're buying a modeling amp.

Or just buy a small Tube amp and be happier for longer.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
If you're just practicing, an Epiphone Valve Junior could be good. Wouldn't sound great for jazz, but would do everything else great. All you need is an OD pedal and maybe an EQ.

As for wah, I don't love my Crybaby, but it's usable. I'd suggest getting something like a Vox 847a if you want to stay in that price range.
Quote by fexnah
Or just buy a small Tube amp and be happier for longer.

+1

The Valvetronix is a minor upgrade, a 15W tube combo would be a huge one. That should be your next amp move. The most affordable, and a great little amp, is the Palomino V16. The Fender Blues or Pro Jr are also really nice.

A 15W tube amp sounds much louder than your MG15. It's enough power for small gigs all on it's own. And it sounds A LOT better at those louder volumes, too. If you have any additional money, something like a Digitech Bad Monkey OD pedal would be a great addition for your higher gain applications.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.