Okay so I'm saving up for a new axe. Preferably Hard-Tail because I have a Jackson with a Floyd Rose unit already, so it would be nice to have a change.

Is the ESP LTD Eclipse 500 good? I can't spend over 1000$....i barely get any income so the LTD 1000s or ESPs are out of the question (unless there is a sale)

But also, I was looking at Japanese Strats, are they any good also (Fender Made in Japan....not one of those cheap knock-offs).

An exlporer looks good too, but I'd probably get an epiphone one and mod it if i decided to get one.

Thanks,

Matt
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
i've got a jackson king v, fixed bridge if you're interested......just saying....
Quote by liv3evi7
i've got a jackson king v, fixed bridge if you're interested......just saying....

how much is it?

I've got a Jackson Dinky . I love the Jackson Guitars, just not the Jackson price.
It looks like somebody didn't do their homework. You can easily find LTD 1000 series guitars for well under $1000. I strongly suggest the EC-1000. It is an incredible guitar. Most of them come with an EMG 81/60 set, which is versatile enough since the 60 gives pretty good clean tones. The Amber Sunburst one comes with an alternative set of Duncan JB/59's. Personally I would get one with the EMG's, the Duncans might be even more versatile.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
It looks like somebody didn't do their homework. You can easily find LTD 1000 series guitars for well under $1000.

Looks like you didnt do your homework either. He lives in Canada, numbnuts.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Shredder Guitar
Looks like you didnt do your homework either. He lives in Canada, numbnuts.

Aw crap. It appears your right.

EC-500 is still a great guitar, though. I say get it.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
It looks like somebody didn't do their homework. You can easily find LTD 1000 series guitars for well under $1000. I strongly suggest the EC-1000. It is an incredible guitar. Most of them come with an EMG 81/60 set, which is versatile enough since the 60 gives pretty good clean tones. The Amber Sunburst one comes with an alternative set of Duncan JB/59's. Personally I would get one with the EMG's, the Duncans might be even more versatile.

i'm actually doing my other homework :P. well i live in canada so the prices might be slightly different, but i havnt checked the shop yet. i might be going soon, to check out some gear. im getting a new amp first so...

yeh the ec-1000 was what i originally wanted, but the ec-500 also has emgs...

and yeh. sheesh i am doing my homework right now....
Quote by liv3evi7
so about my jackson.....interested.....

any sound clips?
i couldn't get any cuz my phone just stopped working today, but the pickups are stock so i'm not sure that gives you an idea of how it sounds, but i think all ackson pickups are the same.

i'm not for sure, so no one quote me.
Quote by liv3evi7
i couldn't get any cuz my phone just stopped working today, but the pickups are stock so i'm not sure that gives you an idea of how it sounds, but i think all ackson pickups are the same.

i'm not for sure, so no one quote me.

ack if its the jackson in your pics, then sorry. It's kind of ... too cheap for me. sorry. I want to spend money on a really good guitar, so I might even save up for an EC-1000, u know what I'm saying right? The JS King V is kind of downgrading from my dinky...sorry..
it's kool bro i understand the want and need of a qaulity guitar. good luck anyway.
Quote by liv3evi7
it's kool bro i understand the want and need of a qaulity guitar. good luck anyway.

thanks.

btw, hows your amp? I'm getting a new one for sure, but im stuck at a Peavey XXX or 5150....
Quote by mafropetee
Aw crap. It appears your right.

EC-500 is still a great guitar, though. I say get it.

lol no problem. i was reading what you said and then i was like "damn i didnt know he was canadian either."
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.