Well, Christmas is coming up and so is boxing day with the boxing day sales. I'm deciding to first research on a good guitar and so I found the Ibanez RGs. I usually play heavy metal from artists such as Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Dragonforce, Metallica, Pantera, and lots more. I went onto the Ibanez website and I looked through a bunch of Ibanez guitars (reason I chose Ibanez was because Long&McQuade doesn't have Schecters) and I found the S Prestige. The S Prestige was really what hit me because when I went and searched it up on youtube, I found Herman Li from Dragonforce explaining on his thoughts on the guitar. Its durable, its long-lasting, and it is great for metal songs. I went over to my local guitar store (Long&McQuade) and I found out that the S Prestige were around $1300 price zones which was an immediate killer to me. Instead, I found some RG series including the prestiges, tremelo, and fixed. Now, among that group, I am not quite sure on which guitar I should get. I am aiming for a darker coloured guitar, preferably black, grey, or silver colour. Anyone can recommend a guitar among the RGs? I hope I provided enough information for you to give me some help

Oh, and if anybody could provide me with the price range of the guitar, that would be much appreciated.
Last edited by z3g3b1b1 at Nov 19, 2007,
I played my friend RG 120. it's pretty nice.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I have an Ibanez S520EX. It's very similar to the prestige, but cheaper, made in korea. I think it was just under 700 bucks. I'm not sure if they still make that particular model, but You should definitely check out some of the other S series on the Ibanez site. I think the lower end S series have a much better bridge and stay in tune better than the lower end RG's. GL!
since you are in Canada and the $$$ is great, check out music123.com , musiciansfriend.com you may be able to get some great online deals shipped to Canada
Quote by mrrman
since you are in Canada and the $$$ is great, check out music123.com , musiciansfriend.com you may be able to get some great online deals shipped to Canada

Buying it from online stores, would it be person-to-person trading? Or would it be from a manufacturing company?
RG4EX(Whatever the rest of the name is) and put in some dimarzio evolutions, or a Schecter Hellraiser C1 should be your best bets, im in about the same position as you, and these are the 2 best one's for that price range IMO.
RGs are beautiful for thrash, metal, all that stuff- The Prestiges are a bit better, but barely, not worth the extra money in my opinion.
Quote by kurbo
The Prestiges are a bit better, but barely, not worth the extra money in my opinion.
Gotta say your opinion is of the mistaken kind here.

TS, whereabouts are you, and do you positively have to buy off a store shelf? L&M prices on Ibanez guitars tend to be pretty lousy. If you like the S Prestige, then you'll not be missing out on a whole lot if you just get a normal S series. The S320 should run you about CAD550, the S520 about 650, and the S470DXQM about 750. I'd consider buying it from Axemusic.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by z3g3b1b1
Buying it from online stores, would it be person-to-person trading? Or would it be from a manufacturing company?

right from a dealer
EVERY guitar plays different. even 2 of the same model.

you will have to play them, and buy the one that "speaks" to you.
I have an RG3EX1, it's beautiful, and sounds great. I don't think there's a lot you could go wrong with on the RG series to be honest, except for the Edge III, from what I hear it's rather fragile