so i am trying to get the intro of bleeding mascara by atreyu, and i had a quick ? on the sweeping

d d d u u u ??
-----------13-17p13------------13-17p13----------------
-------15-------------15----15--------------15--
---14--------------------14----------------------14
----------------------------------------

it repeats a bunch of times, here is my problem i can run through it fast once, but when i go for the repeat run i get all screwed up because it messes up the sweep when i have to skip the g string on the way back down.

I hope this makes sense any tips?
Practice it more slowly to a metronome, speed up only when you play fluidly and cleanly... The string skip gives a lot of people trouble, you just have to get past it.
Genius may have its limitations; stupidity is not thus handicapped.
Try playing the first note with an upstroke. If that doesn't help, play the first note twice. Up then down for the sweep, then go for the run. It may seem a little awkward at first. It's just practice.
sp, i basically just have to get used to skipping it? correct? and would it matter what direction i skipped it?

it really sucks because if it wasnt for the skip i could just plow through it lightning fast
Quote by DirtyMcCurty
sp, i basically just have to get used to skipping it? correct? and would it matter what direction i skipped it?

Yes and no. It's just a question of simplicity.
Heh. Do what you feel is comfortable. Work on it until it sounds good. It doesn't matter which direction you hit it but doing one may seem easier than doing the other for you. People play differently.
Yea, basically just work on doing it as comfortably as you can. Either stroke works. Don't focus on speed first, focus on efficiency and fluidity.
Genius may have its limitations; stupidity is not thus handicapped.
I had problems with the sweep picking in through the fire and the flames. basically i looked at my hands and they were everywhere so i relearnt how to sweep pick.... not exactly wat u want to be doing but thats how i fixed mine
Take your time and only increase the metronome speed when you can play it without making any mistakes.

Enjoy yourself too!
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
ok am i convinced i am missing something with this sweep, if someone would be nice enough to explain this particular intro step by step that would be great, the tab is up there ^^^. I just know when i am missing something fundamental and its not a matter of practice or speed. Its like im missing the counts or something, idunno but if someone could please break it down really simple that would be great.

I know its asking alot but a video would be good if anyone is set up to do so

thanks a bunch this has been bothering me for months and its pissing me off so i have to solve it asap cuz im going nuts
ok am i convinced i am missing something with this sweep, if someone would be nice enough to explain this particular intro step by step that would be great, the tab is up there ^^^. I just know when i am missing something fundamental and its not a matter of practice or speed. Its like im missing the counts or something, idunno but if someone could please break it down really simple that would be great.

I know its asking alot but a video would be good if anyone is set up to do so

thanks a bunch this has been bothering me for months and its pissing me off so i have to solve it asap cuz im going nuts

ps i was just guessing on the pickstrokes and the hammer on part so it may be wrong idunno