ok i think im satisfied with my gear for a while now
i got a DOD overdrive pedal and a marshall governor pedal today and now i have to
work on my guitar my shecters pickups are kickass but i still have the stock pick ups on my Epiphone B.B.
i want to play stuff like the punk, and well punk
and i want a pick up that will give me a bighting clean distortioin
seeing as i cant just go to GC and solder on any pickups i wish to hear
i came to you guys
ive been wondering about gibson dirty fingers or duncan invaders
or just tell me if any of you have any suggestions
What amp and what kind of punk? (Like misfits, or dead kennedys)
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
i have an old gibson GA-20 i just got it yesterday and got rid of my ad50vt today for some cash and peadals
and i was thinking along the lines of sex pistols or sham 69
I'd say a SD JB in the bridge and a jazz in the neck. The invaders are muddy and the dirty fingers are overpriced.

^lol how do u remember those pickups by the code thing???

i just know seth lover , jazz, JB, Alnico II Pro , '59 , custom custom, and the Pearly Gates .
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by forsaknazrael
Right...The SH-55, SH-2, SH-4, APH-1, SH-1, SH-11, SH-PG-1.

I love you man. You are seriously one of the more intellegent people on this site (yes, i know my spelling is ****ty.). Just thought Id tell you that.

But yeah, either combo would work well for you. I'm a bigger fan of the JB/Jazz combo because i like the Spiker midrange of them and I use alot of mids in all my tones.

TS, you've got some quality gear - Schecter, Epi B.B., Gibson Amp, so I'd be temped to go with higher quality pickups that the SDs, whilst they're good there are a lot better. I really don't know my American high end pick up manufacturers, but I'd be tempted to use a combo from one of them, I'm sure a more knowledgable UG'er will be soon to give you a list of the (more) boutique manufacturers. Like I said, the Duncans are good pickups, no doubt about it, but there are also a lot better pickups for around the same price or for slightly more. I personally would pay the extra money to go along with your good quality gear you already have.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Get your own pickup customized at www.highorderpickups.com for pretty much the same price .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you want PAF clones, the best in the business are Stephens Design, although you will pay a premium for them. www.sdpickups.com In his products section, he has sound clips and a couple youtube links. I'm thinking about getting a set of the Platinum PAF 2 pickups.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by forsaknazrael
Seriously? A Gibby GA-20? From the 50's? Neat!

I think a SH-14 in the bridge + SH-1 in the neck would be a better combo.

sorry sorry its a G-20 damn it 63 SS it sounds ****ing awesome tough even tough it just has one channel and the reverb on it is out of this world
Quote by zekk
I'd say a SD JB in the bridge and a jazz in the neck. The invaders are muddy and the dirty fingers are overpriced.

and i already have those on my shecter C-1 classic and if i didnt alreay have them id say ya but i want a diffrent sound. those pups are awesome and id recomend them to anyone but like i said i want something diffrent for my epi and the cool thing about it is it has three humbuckers so theres alot of possibilities. remember i also need one for the middle witch is another treble pup
Quote by the-kid66
and i already have those on my shecter C-1 classic and if i didnt alreay have them id say ya but i want a diffrent sound. those pups are awesome and id recomend them to anyone but like i said i want something diffrent for my epi and the cool thing about it is it has three humbuckers so theres alot of possibilities. remember i also need one for the middle witch is another treble pup

Diffrent sound, eh? Have you looked at some humbucker sized P90s? P90s are generally good for punk.

yah you know i have heard of those but for some reason i always think of sopabars when people talk about those but ill loo in to them im really interested in the sh-1 and sh-14 thats what i will im prob ganna go with but the P-90s ill have to look into that
Quote by the-kid66
sorry sorry its a G-20 damn it 63 SS it sounds ****ing awesome tough even tough it just has one channel and the reverb on it is out of this world
Hmm.Not sure if you'll notice THAT much of a difference with a pickup change, with that amp, since I don't know anything about it.....but you're welcome to try.
well yah i now its SS and all but i like it and I could tell the diff between the epi and the
shecter the checters are more warm and clean the epi are dull and flat