What I mean is that it does what it wants in different chains in my pedalboard. It sucks!

I love the loop feature, right? Well this is what it does when in my FX loop on my Dual Rectifier:

I can play a 14 second loop in clean, then be able to play it back. O.K.
When I press my Dual Recs channel 3 button, I do a sweet solo over it. Great.
It is now doing what I'd like it to do. However, when I keep the DL4 in the FX loop, and take it off of the 14 second Loop option, it WILL NOT play the reverse like when I put it in the pre amp chain (i.e. Hendrix,RHCP sound. To the T). It sounds more like a reverse delay where you're able to hear the note the second I play it. Not to mention the fact that it sounds like I have a flanger pedal on at the same time... what the hell? I thought this was a delay modelor? Crap.

So, hence, I have to take the pedal out of the FX Loop in order to get that awesome reverse sound. BUT, now that I have it out of the FX Loop, and in the pre amp chain, it WILL NOT let me do the distortion over clean Loop Sampler as mentioned above. Now this sucks. It will just take whatever I play, in whatever channel I have it on my Dual Rec, then play it back in that channels sound (i.e. record in clean, but want the distortion solo over it.... NOPE. all distortion, or all clean)

Please help me y'all. This is really making me want to take this thing back. I just can't understand why the effects of the pedal itself would be affected by it either being in the FX Loop or the pre amp chain. Any thoughts?
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by guitarrocka205
Not to mention the fact that it sounds like I have a flanger pedal on at the same time... what the hell? I thought this was a delay modelor? Crap.

thats probably sweep echo. and just incase, if A B or C are blinking then its not the preset, its whatever you changed it to. some people get confused by that.
a lot of people get overwhelmed by it. take your time. read the manual and just play with it. you will love it.
Quote by TehJermie
a lot of people get overwhelmed by it. take your time. read the manual and just play with it. you will love it.

haha exactly. i spent a good day reading the manual before i used it so everything came pretty easily once i started using it. The stickers with what the tweez and tweed do that it comes with are really useful too. stick it on the pedal or your amp for easy reference.
i will have it! i want one so bad but there $600 in AUS
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
No hes not. Its $600 AUD

which means about $650 NZD

its a ****ing rip here.

Oh and TS, read the manual a good 3 times over. It reminds me of when i got my Moog. Couldn't get anything quite right. but manuals are very VERY useful
Quote by leeej
haha exactly. i spent a good day reading the manual before i used it so everything came pretty easily once i started using it. The stickers with what the tweez and tweed do that it comes with are really useful too. stick it on the pedal or your amp for easy reference.

the dl-4 is just one of those things that you can't comprehend in the beginning. once you get it down though, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. it just becomes a part of your writing.
The DL-4 is a beast to wrap your mind around at first. I was the same way. Just read the manual and play around with it. It took me a good two weeks, but I got 2 awesome delay settings out of it (I saved the rhythmic, digital delay w/modulation). There's so many options, I'm not sure what I'll end up using in that 3rd spot.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Thejermie, you make me want this pedal.

I have nothing to add, but I have a quick question. Could you try the pedal in front of your amp instead of the fx loop? How does it sound there?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Last edited by Jinskee at Nov 20, 2007,
Quote by Jinskee
Thejermie, you make me want this pedal.

I have nothing to add, but I have a quick question. Could you try the pedal in front of your amp instead of the fx loop? How does it sound there?

That's when the Loop won't give me the overdub feature with different channel settings. I wanna have my reverse and Loop Sampler feature to do what they say they'll do, man! I dunno...
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
I tried fenageling the Tweez and Tweak knobs, with no result. The pedal is definantly in True Bypass mode when in the pre amp chain. No tone loss at all. The Reverse works great in this chain as said. It's just the damn FX Loop. Tone loss, but gives me the ability to overdub with different sounds (clean strumming with gain lead). Haven't any of y'all noticed this? What is your set up with your DL4?
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
Get a second one and put one in either place, I can't see it breaking the bank, judging by your sig.
These go to eleven...