Poll: SCARY MOVIES?!
Poll Options
View poll results: SCARY MOVIES?!
Paranormal (Ring, Blair Witch)
59 67%
Normal (Saw, Halloween)
28 32%
Voters: 88.
I'm scared of paranormal scary movies more because those things MIGHT happen. You don't know whether or not it will. Those serial killing movies (like Saw) don't scare me at all, because big whoop, that happens all the time with all the sadists in the world. I was freaked out when I saw the ring. I still can't sleep if I'm thinking about that ****. In fact, it's why I'm awake now.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Same. I'm scared of paranormal stuff. Mainly, haunted houses because my house is pretty damn scary. It seems more likely.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
The asbestos that plagues my school.

But yeah, paranormal.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by abcdboy
I'm scared of paranormal scary movies more because those things MIGHT happen. You don't know whether or not it will. Those serial killing movies (like Saw) don't scare me at all, because big whoop, that happens all the time with all the sadists in the world. I was freaked out when I saw the ring. I still can't sleep if I'm thinking about that ****. In fact, it's why I'm awake now.

When "might" The Ring happen? Dead girl coming back to life, crawling out of TV screens and killing people? Seems unlikely?

Also, where the hell do you live where things like those from 'Saw' happen?
<Han> I love Hitler
Normal. Its easier to relate to some degree of reality, therefore it stimulates fear much better than something non-existent. It depends how much you believe in the supernatural.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Who wants to listen to coast to coast tonight?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by En_zed
Normal. Its easier to relate to some degree of reality, therefore it stimulates fear much better than something non-existent. It depends how much you believe in the supernatural.

I don't believe in the supernatural. That's why it's so scary. It's not the death or the pain portrayed in the movies that scare me (Like in Saw. Oh noes, she fell in needles!). It's the para normality.
Gear...
Quote by abcdboy

You do know you've just proved my point for me.

You know that stuff like Saw (maybe not so bad) happens in the world, so why would you be scared of something that doesnt happen?
NOIZE
Quote by abcdboy
I don't believe in the supernatural. That's why it's so scary. It's not the death or the pain portrayed in the movies that scare me (Like in Saw. Oh noes, she fell in needles!). It's the para normality.

True, they can be scary, but sometimes what is happening is so ridiculous I can't help but laugh. Unless I'm by myself in a dark room with the sound up full...

Quote by alteredgod
You do know you've just proved my point for me.

You know that stuff like Saw (maybe not so bad) happens in the world, so why would you be scared of something that doesnt happen?

Because it happens all the time.

Something that might happen exclusively, just too you, done upon by things that defy laws of physics just creeps me out.
Gear...
Quote by En_zed
True, they can be scary, but sometimes what is happening is so ridiculous I can't help but laugh. Unless I'm by myself in a dark room with the sound up full...

Yeah, there are some movies that are ridiculous.

Can't think of any right now.

I keep looking over my shoulder for monsters. Seriously.
Gear...
Quote by bucketbots
meet m.jackson

He's innocent, you damned nub.
Gear...
Nothing scares me, because like the Village People, I am a Macho Man

but seriously i would have to say the more real stuff scares me more, just for the shear fact that it could happen, i dont give the paranormal any credit
white people scare me sometimes....not being a racist or anything but sometimes it's just like....did you really just say that?
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Quote by bucketbots
westlife maybe

Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Quote by abcdboy
Because it happens all the time.

Something that might happen exclusively, just too you, done upon by things that defy laws of physics just creeps me out.

But it's not gonna happen so your safe.
NOIZE
Quote by abcdboy
He's innocent, you damned nub.

Thats why he falls under the paranormal category.

i dont care about that paranormal stuff because it could never happen. Serial killers on the other hand are out to getcha.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
neither the ring or blair witch were really very good, but ive have to say paranormal definately has potential so be alot scarier.
R.I.P Samantha

My Gear
Esp Ltd M-400
Randall Rg75W Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something Acoustic
Several other cheap guitars/basses/Amps
Quote by En_zed

+1

most of the times when i can't sleep and i'm just lying on my bed, those images of the sadistic torture the characters went through replayed in my head. i can't help but think what if i'm the character

then it's like oh ****
Look at all the people who wants to get sigged
Quote by TheGuitarDreams
white people scare me sometimes....not being a racist or anything but sometimes it's just like....did you really just say that?

Um... alrighty?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I voted normal because those things are the ones that have a higher chance of happening (Bundy, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw, Wolf Creek, etc)
I have always believed that the movie is scarier if the threat is human.
Movies really don't scare me at all. The Saw movies are cool, and I am not scared or grossed out by them (haven't seen IV yet though), and I thought The Ring and the Grudge were just stupid. the olny things that get me in movies is jump scenes. Those get me every time. The only Movie I've ever seen that scared me was Silent Hill, and even then, the video games are 10 times scarier.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Normal. Or else I know it will never happen. Movies don't really scare me that much in the first place though.
Well no movies scare me anymore , normal , paranormal or real (faces of death etc). cause i just watch horror movies all the time.

But obviously paranormal/psychological horror is the best cause it is made to twist your mind and freak you out instead of a cheap trick like in most slashers where someone pops and out and you get scared.

So i'll go for paranormal even though the examples were not so great.
I'm scared of normal people movies because they usually have more gore in, which I can't stand. But in real life I'm terrified of the supernatural, if some bloke snuck into my house I'd still be scared shitless, but if it was a crazy ass ghost or something it'd be worse. For obvious reasons.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Im fine with gory stuff and mindfeck stuff lol,like hostel and stuff like that,and i love any Freddy Krueger stuff because hes just great. Things like blair witch i still like,but they do scare me lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Normal
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
I'm more afraid of Chick Flicks.

They give women an unrealistic expectation as to how romantic I should be.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Normal, it gives sickos bad ideas and has a sense of realism where it might just happen to you if you aren't careful.

Paranormal is ok, it aint real so I couldn't care less.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
I prefer thrillers.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
normal ones are just gory
not really SCARY
the psychological ones are creepy as hell
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm more afraid of Chick Flicks.

They give women an unrealistic expectation as to how romantic I should be.

Friends scares me because it makes life seem plastic.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!