Hello there

Ive decided to learn how to play the bass and i really like the thunderbirds good looks.

i need help as to which to start with,
a gibson
or
epiphone???
Don't choose a bass by its looks.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
Don't choose a bass by its looks.

+1

The t bird is really a bad instrument, and Gibson/Epi basses, though the guitars are good, the basses are horrible. What is your price range?
Neither, get a good MIM (made in mexico) Fender for about 400 american dollars.
What are you wanting to play?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
*anarkee puts her head in her hands and sighs deeply*

Not to discourage you from buying a bass you want, but I would do two things before you lay down your cash. One, is if you really value any of our insight, search on Thunderbirds in this forum. Yes, you will find those who swear by them, but you will find many, many bass players who despise them and the explicit reasons they do so. Two, go to a store and actually try a Tbird against other basses in your range. T birds have some rather distinctive qualities (neck heavy, different body build, upper fret access issues) that can make them challenging to play esp. for a beginning bass player. Compare the tone and the playability of the T bird against the Fenders, Ibanez, Yamaha etc in the store, there will be a noticeable difference between T birds and other basses in your price range.

If after all that, you still want a T Bird (and not just for looks btw, but because it fits your playing style and the tone you are looking for) go for it. But after reading the majority of opinions from most of us here, don't say you weren't warned.
Quote by IndianRockStar
+1

The t bird is really a bad instrument, and Gibson/Epi basses, though the guitars are good, the basses are horrible. What is your price range?

look horrible too!

I would suggest an OLP, Ibanez or a Yamaha!

Really hate all the other instruments in the samen price range!
Quote by GinRummy
Hello there

Ive decided to learn how to play the bass and i really like the thunderbirds good looks.

i need help as to which to start with,
a gibson
or
epiphone???

You'll make baby Jesus cry with this!!! Try typing "Thunderbird" into your search bar, ::type and watch your PC catch fire...
Read those, then ask any supplementary questions!

I'll keep my counsel otherwise...